Connect with us

General

Comcast Cable Commits Fox Soccer Channel Fail

When EPL Talk reader Drew Meger realized that he was going to get home late today and would miss the live broadcast of Manchester United against Stoke City on Fox Soccer Channel, he decided to turn to his trusty DVR on Comcast and set the game to record for later viewing.

Except that the Fox Soccer Channel had disappeared from his DVR line-up (see above screenshot showing a missing channel 256). Drew included a screenshot of his cable guide above to indicate where the Fox channel should have appeared.

Meger contacted his local Comcast office by phone and was greeted with several “Uh, that shouldn’t happen” answers and lots of puzzlement. Way to go Comcast Cable!

Thanks to Drew Meger for the news tip and screenshot. If you have news tips you’d like to share with EPL Talk, e-mail them to thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
14 Comments

14 Comments

1. irakli ndrenika

April 18, 2011 at 7:57 am

I am a big soccer fan and i beleive comcast or xfinity by now should have Fox soccer channel and Gol TV on HD programing on regular digital it looks very bad ,it is about time that comcast do something about that or loose a lot customers to other providers here in Montgomery County MD.

2. Mike B.

January 12, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Comcast is the worst. They have an exclusive contract with my building so satellite or uverse isn’t an option, but I canceled Comcast anyway. I’d rather not have cable than pay Comcast to see an SD broadcast of a channel that’s been in HD for a year. Getting by on espn3, foxsoccer.tv, and an HD digital antenna for now. Are you listening Comcast? If you want me back, add FSC HD and FSC+!!! But you’re not listening, and that’s the problem.

Also, Comcast is the worst.

3. andy smothers

January 5, 2011 at 4:27 pm

where in comcast territory do you live?

4. Earl Reed

January 5, 2011 at 7:43 am

I have to say, I think it’s disheartening to see that ESPN3 only has the rights to show live. I’m not sure who is responsible for this almost “tiered” packaging, but it seems asinine to me. I’m thinking it’s Fox Soccer. Follow me:

– DirecTV’s airing of FS+ in high definition is limited to live games only.
    – ESPN3’s airing of games is limited to live games only, at least in this instance.

The common denominator in both of these equations is Fox Soccer. It makes me think Fox is overvaluing their assets in this arena, trying to squeeze extra bucks that aren’t there by holding parts of their product hostage from the fans.

5. NotTheNoob

January 5, 2011 at 12:08 am

Why are both Fox Soccer channels failing to air Everton v Spurs tomorrow? FS+ is replaying a 2nd tier fixture from Monday at 2pm (PST). Lame programming decision.

• The Gaffer

January 5, 2011 at 12:21 am

…because ESPN has the rights to it and will be showing it at 3pm ET on ESPN3.com

• NotTheNoob

January 5, 2011 at 12:28 am

Thanks for the info Gaffer. I see that ESPN3.com has it scheduled for tomorrow. Right next to the listing it says “live only”. I hate missing the Spurs.

• Joe

January 5, 2011 at 1:17 am

I hope this doesn’t become a trend. Time Warner’s BS decision to not allow ESPN3 access to non-tv customers locks people like me out of the game.

6. Earl Reed

January 4, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Um, if you look up the word “fail” in Webster’s, next to it you see a picture of the Comcast company logo.

7. che

January 4, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Comcast has most subscribers but they couldnt get foxsoccer in hd lol.
    but im currently sticking with foxsoccer.tv and torrent. pretty happy with it.

8. John

January 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Doesn’t Comcast reserve the 200-level of channels for HD? Is some lucky bastard getting FSC HD on Comcast?

• soonerscotty

January 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Not necessarily…I have plenty of non-HD 200+ channels in the Las Cruces, NM area. In fact, FSC is 267 here and is most definitely not in HD.

9. DGS

January 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Oy…

Let’s take this outrage viral and force Comcast to give us all FSCHD as penance!

It could work, right? 😉

10. Guy

January 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Comcast is the only thing that keeps a smile on the face of this TimeWarner subscriber. I really hate it for you guys, but…….. 😀