Connect with us

General

Suggestion Box: Please Share Your Ideas

The fifth anniversary of EPL Talk is just a few weeks away, so I wanted to ask for your advice. While we continue to post several interesting articles each day on all sorts of different Premier League topics, I wanted to get your input on what resources would be helpful to you that we could have on EPL Talk.

When I’m referring to resources, I mean such helpful pages or articles as:

These would be resources that are not available elsewhere and would be useful on an ongoing basis. Due to the Premier League’s infinite wisdom, we’re not allowed to publish league tables or league fixtures unless we’re willing to pay scandalous license fees. So if you have any ideas of resources that you would be helpful to you as a supporter of a Premier League team, please share them in the comments section below.

One more note: If it can be found on Wikipedia, there’s little use having EPL Talk create it since Wikipedia in itself is a great reference tool. But again, if you can think of anything else, please post it below and we’ll definitely consider it. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Or if you have other ideas or suggestions to make, feel free to post them now.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
9 Comments

9 Comments

1. Steven hedges

May 19, 2022 at 6:02 pm

Would it be possible for In the event of a penalty shootout to decide the outcome of match to actually take place the centre circle using mobile goal posts and using the centre line as the goal line.. At least this way neither team would have the advantage/disadvantage of having 1 set of fans behind the goal. ??

2. Swarup Nayek

September 7, 2021 at 10:13 am

I have a very new Football Tournament idea, where each team created with high value players of different countries of glob. Which become more famous than present other tournaments hopfully.

In this regards, I would like to communicate with UEFA. Please suggest or provide E-mail ID of UEFA President or Football directors etc.

3. brian c

September 19, 2010 at 6:53 pm

How about a listing on places to listen to EPL games over the internet?

I’m training for a half-marathon and every weekend, I do a 6-10 mile run and I would love to find where (or how) to listen to EPL games on my Droid.

I’m sure I’m not alone with people who can’t be near a TV and want to hear EPL over their mobile devices. I figure with all the Android and iPhone users out there, there would be some demand for this information.

Any insight at all by the masses out there?

4. eplnfl

September 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm

First of all congratulations Chris. What a job. Having been around from the start the best thing among all the good things here is the great people I have met through this website. I have had the opportunity to meet you, Kartik, JS, Atlanta Pompey, and others in person and carry on other online friendships. All of the people I have met through this website have been great. The highlight for me has to be the recent World Cup and my visit to South Florida for the USA-England game. Whatever your doing keep it up. My suggestion may be local EPL Talk etc. fan groups to get together all the people who follow the site on a local basis and may be a yearly EPL Talk National get together at Wowies!

Thanks Chris, it’s been 5 years of fun.

5. Martin

September 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm

As a new fan of the EPL and Arsenal, I’d like to see a comprehensive breakdown of each team at the beginning of every season (if you don’t already do so). I’d like to know which players are the “stars” on each team, the role players, the young up and comers, the enforcers, the “needs to have a breakthrough season to justify his transfer” players, etc. Basically, a reference for people like me that are new and watch games other than Arsenal on ESPN2 or whatever and want to be somewhat knowledgeable.

For me, I’ve taken to Blackpool as my “other” team because I think they’ll fight for relegation and that’s a cool aspect of the EPL. Having a reference about them beforehand would have been beneficial instead of having to search through blogs which takes away from my main team. Don’t get me wrong, digging through info on your team is extremely fun and draws you closer to them, but I would at EPL as a starting point for stuff like that.

I really enjoy this site and the articles and perspective written on here. It really helps me as a new American fan.

6. ahsan

September 19, 2010 at 10:37 am

How about converting the EPL Talk tv schedule into iCal format that we could subscribe to. Would love to have upcoming matches showing up on my Google Calendar and iPhone.

7. IanCransonsKnees

September 19, 2010 at 9:36 am

How about links to the unofficial fan forums for each of the Premier League teams?

I think most fans would get a great reception on joining in the forum of their chosen team.

• Martin

September 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I agree. Maybe a listing of the top fan sites/blogs for team specific commentary. The drawback is that this could lure people away from this site completely.

8. Smokey Bacon

September 19, 2010 at 8:31 am

A list of pubs/bars showing EPL games. I was in a “sports” bar yesterday that had 50+ screens tuned to college football, baseball etc. When I asked if they could put FSC on one of them so that I could watch the Arsenal game, I was told they don’t subscribe to that channel! It seems we still have a long way to go in this country.