Fox has revealed the TV schedule for its playoff round of Champions League matches it’ll be on showing live on its Fox Soccer Channel network as well as its sister networks such as FSN and Fox Sports en Espanol.
The schedule is listed below. But in other important and related news, Fox Soccer Channel has pushed back the timeline of its HD coverage from this fall to February 2010, for the round of 16. All games on FSN will be shown in HD.
In addition to the games, Fox Soccer Channel and FSN will simulcast the TV show, UEFA Champions League Pregame, a live 30-minute studio program each Tuesday match day at 2pm ET (Fox Soccer Channel only on Wednesdays). Meanwhile, UEFA Champions League Highlights will follow each match day at midnight ET on Fox Soccer Channel to recap all the day’s action.
Both of these 30-minute programs will be hosted by veteran FSC commentators Max Bretos, Warren Barton and Bobby McMahon. Bretos is Fox Soccer Channel’s lead play-by-play announcer, while Barton played in the 1997/98 UEFA Champions League as a defender with Newcastle United and currently serves as an analyst on Fox Soccer Match Day and Super Sunday +. As the lead analyst on FSC’s nightly soccer news program, Fox Soccer Report, since 2001, McMahon is regarded as one of North America’s most trusted sources for insight into the “Beautiful Game.”
Commentary for all UEFA Champions League matches on Fox Soccer Channel and FSN will be provided by European-based announcing teams.
Fans seeking more coverage of Europe’s biggest annual club tournament will be able to tune into UEFA Champions League Magazine, premiering every Friday at 7:30pm ET on Fox Soccer Channel as well as on select FSN affiliates.
Over the next three seasons, Fox Soccer Channel will televise one live and up to four delayed UEFA Champions League contests each match day, delivering 110 total matches per season to its nearly 35 million subscribers. FSN, reaching up to 91 million homes nationwide, will televise one live game on each of the 16 Tuesday match days per season plus select delayed games, while Fox Sports en Espanol will televise one live and up to four delayed UCL matches per match day, distributing 110 total matches in Spanish to its 14 million subscribers.
In addition to serving as one of the official sponsors of the UEFA Champions League, Heineken has signed on as a season-long broadcast partner for Fox’s coverage of the competition.
The schedule is as follows (all games kick off at 2:45pm ET):
- FC Sheriff v Olympiakos, Fox Soccer Channel
- Celtic v Arsenal, FSN
- Timisoara v Stuttgart, Fox Sports en Espanol
- Olympique Lyonnais v Anderlecht, Fox Soccer Channel
- Panathinaikos v Atletico Madrid, Fox Sports en Espanol
- Maccabi Haifa v Salzburg, Fox Soccer Channel
- Atletico Madrid v Panathinaikos, FSN and Fox Sports en Espanol
- Arsenal v Celtic, Fox Soccer Channel
- Fiorentina v Sporting, Fox Sports en Espanol
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find River Plate vs. Lanús on US TV
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- World Cup tickets on sale and in high demand
- Euro hosts England thrash reigning champions Netherlands in friendly
- Man City agree deal for Leeds midfielder Phillips: reports
- Chelsea favorites to land Neymar if Brazilian departs PSG
- Former England star Rooney quits as Derby manager
- USMNT goalkeepers: Lack of playing time creates big dilemma
- Success of Apple’s groundbreaking MLS deal hinges on pricing
- Milan begin Serie A title defence with Udinese visit in mid-August