Burnley have unveiled their new home and away football kits for the 2009-2010 season. To say that they’re unique is an understatement.
Just as Aston Villa’s decision to add the name of a charity to sponsor its shirts pleasantly surprised many football supporters, a similar goodwill decision has been made for Burnley’s home kit. In this case, it’s the decision of shirt designer and manufacturer Errea to remove their logo and branding from the shirt to help make the new Burnley home kit look more traditional.
The new home and aways kits are designed to replicate those worn by the club in 1960 when Burnley won the Championship (the equivalent of today’s Premier League).
Burnley’s new home kit features the classic claret and blue colours with a v-neck as well as the classic club crest worn by Burnley from 1960.
The back of the neck for the shirt also features a commemorative gold foil stamp to celebrate the 50th year anniversary since the team last won the title.
According to the club website, “The jersey is finished with claret and blue trim on the neck and sleeves and accompanied by plain white shorts and claret and blue hooped stockings identical to those worn by Jimmy Adamson’s men when they won the First Division title.”
Burnley’s new away kit for the 2009-10 season, meanwhile, features a white shirt with claret and blue trim, as well as black shorts and white socks (again with the claret and blue trim).
More and more football clubs this season are going for retro designs instead of modern ones. Manchester City’s new home and away kits are retro, as will be Manchester United’s new home kit. Everton have gone back in time for their new kit. And there are still several kits that have yet to be unveiled by other Premier League clubs. It’ll be interesting to see if they go retro, too.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Leicester on US TV
- Where to find Everton vs Crystal Palace on US TV
- ‘Next Messi’ Bojan learned, suffered in itinerant career
- Finalists Orlando Pirates vow to avoid another Moroccan mauling
- Arsenal face Chelsea, Everton and Orlando on US summer tour
- ‘All heroes’ – Trapp hails support as Frankfurt win Europa League
- Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers on penalties to win Europa League
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women footballers
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash