Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have announced the approval of their 350m GBP debt refinancing, allowing them to maintain ownership of the club and to begin construction on a new 70,000 seat stadium.
Only 105m GBP of the debt will be saddled upon Liverpool F.C., with the remainder to be assumed by Hicks and Gillett’s company Kop Investment.
The Americans have lost Scouser support, after a refusal to invest the expected money into the club and a series of gaffes, including public negotiations with Jurgen Klinsmann about their allegedly non-vacant managerial position. Their actions have left the Kop clamoring for a rumored takeover from staunch human rights advocates Dubai International Capital.
Hicks and Gillett hope to regain the support of the faithful by allowing Rafa to make Javier Mascherano’s loan deal a permanent one. Nothing revs up those fans like signing a player you already have.
With title aspirations implausible and even the Champions League in doubt, Reds’ fans may prove a bit restless. Expect the potent protests that involve attending the match, patronizing the local drinking establishments and banners that the owners won’t be able to read across the pond to continue.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chelsea sale gets green light from UK government
- UK government authorises sale of Chelsea FC
- Where to find AS Roma vs. Feyenoord on US TV
- ‘World’s best’ Alisson: The goalkeeper who transformed Liverpool
- Benzema needs final triumph to make Champions League his own
- Violent clashes in Tirana before the Conference League final
- Klopp named Premier League manager of the year
- Premier League season 2nd most-watched ever in US history
- Euro titles ‘no help’ to Mourinho ahead of Conference League final
- Premier League approve Boehly’s takeover of Chelsea