You can’t fault the US National Team for the effort today at Soldier Field. As someone lucky enough to attend the game I was pleased by the energy and hustle our guys showed all match long, but again we lack the class with this group of guys to be a serious threat to beat anybody worth their salt in international football. While we are told the talent pool is constantly improving in the US, the talent at the top of the pool has stagnated if not regressed the past few years.
Despite the superiority shown by Brazil today, the US deserved a result. The botched calls by Benito Armando Archundia were shocking. Josh Wolff was clearly dragged down in the penalty area and later Carlos Bocanegra was called for a very iffy foul which gave Ronaldinho who was otherwise quiet a nice free kick opportunity which he buried. In addition, the US didn’t play scared today which is a welcome departure from recent games against superior opposition. I have had sort of a run around day and an early morning flight home to catch, so I’ll reserve my further comment and breakdown of the match for later.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season