Have you ever gone to a sore and seen a computer or TV set, what have you, and you knew right away it was going to be yours. The problems was that you couldn’t afford it. You waited and waited for it to go down in price but several people after you were interested and had the cash, but somehow it did not leave the sales floor. That is the feeling several bargain hunters have, but none like Boca Juniors this morning.
It seemed as if Juan Román Riquelme was on his way to Atlético, but a few snags in the negotiations made his move to Colchonero Land fall through right before the transfer market closed.
Now Boca Juniors is the only club that will be capable of swooping up the out of favor Villarreal playmaker. According to an interview will Argentine sports daily Olé, negotiations began with the Xeneizes once again and the offer is substantially smaller than the €9 million that was put on the table a few weeks ago. Boca will now offer the club €8 million two loan out Riquelme for the remainder of his contract with the Yellow Submarine.
but with several options attached to it. First of all, Boca will give them $US 5 million (€ 3.6 million) now as well as part of the moneys earned from an eventual transfer of either Rodrigo Palacio or Ever Banega. In other words, it is the same offer that Macri had on the table a few week ago, but with some more incentives for Villarreal than just to give Riquelme away. Villarreal would also benefit either directly or indirectly in two of the most promising transfers in Argentine football
For the Spanish side this is a last-ditch effort to get rid of Riquelme as coach Manuel Pellegrini has him training on his own and has emphatically mentioned that he has no plans for the former Barcelona player. If not they will have to pay his contract even though he will be at home watching the matches from the luxury of his home.
Boca is currently the only team that would be able to obtain his services as they added to the list of players for the second semester of the year. They were also given an extension by the Argentine FA to be able to bring Riquelme in, but they will have to do so by Monday.
Boca´s one has changed from ¨impossible¨ to ¨miracles can happen¨. This was what club president Mauricio Macri said this morning. So after waiting and seeing that their most desired object is still there, they are close to a deal yet again.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family