Have you ever gone to a sore and seen a computer or TV set, what have you, and you knew right away it was going to be yours. The problems was that you couldn’t afford it. You waited and waited for it to go down in price but several people after you were interested and had the cash, but somehow it did not leave the sales floor. That is the feeling several bargain hunters have, but none like Boca Juniors this morning.
It seemed as if Juan Román Riquelme was on his way to Atlético, but a few snags in the negotiations made his move to Colchonero Land fall through right before the transfer market closed.
Now Boca Juniors is the only club that will be capable of swooping up the out of favor Villarreal playmaker. According to an interview will Argentine sports daily Olé, negotiations began with the Xeneizes once again and the offer is substantially smaller than the €9 million that was put on the table a few weeks ago. Boca will now offer the club €8 million two loan out Riquelme for the remainder of his contract with the Yellow Submarine.
but with several options attached to it. First of all, Boca will give them $US 5 million (€ 3.6 million) now as well as part of the moneys earned from an eventual transfer of either Rodrigo Palacio or Ever Banega. In other words, it is the same offer that Macri had on the table a few week ago, but with some more incentives for Villarreal than just to give Riquelme away. Villarreal would also benefit either directly or indirectly in two of the most promising transfers in Argentine football
For the Spanish side this is a last-ditch effort to get rid of Riquelme as coach Manuel Pellegrini has him training on his own and has emphatically mentioned that he has no plans for the former Barcelona player. If not they will have to pay his contract even though he will be at home watching the matches from the luxury of his home.
Boca is currently the only team that would be able to obtain his services as they added to the list of players for the second semester of the year. They were also given an extension by the Argentine FA to be able to bring Riquelme in, but they will have to do so by Monday.
Boca´s one has changed from ¨impossible¨ to ¨miracles can happen¨. This was what club president Mauricio Macri said this morning. So after waiting and seeing that their most desired object is still there, they are close to a deal yet again.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Who is the greatest soccer player of all time?
- Spurs make £150m investment as Conte eyes transfer splash
- Real Madrid will keep winning without Mbappe, says Casemiro
- New CEO aims to make Bundesliga world’s ‘most digital league’
- UK government in talks with ‘international partners’ over Chelsea sale
- West Ham’s Bowen named in England squad for Nations League
- Bayern sign right-back Mazraoui from Ajax
- BBC apologises to fans after ‘Manchester United are rubbish’ gaffe
- Former Bayern boss Kovac to coach Wolfsburg
- Ancelotti ‘respects’ Mbappe decision, says Real Madrid focused on final