Connect with us

General

New Lettering and Numbering Style for EPL Shirts

An image of the new lettering and numbering style for the 07/08 Premiership shirts has surfaced.

The shirt on the right (click to see a larger version) incorporates the new EPL logo and new numbering/lettering font that’s supposed to be easier to read than the current one. More detail about the new style can be found here.

What do you think of it? Like it or not, and why?

Thanks to Charles Hurley for the link. The image shows the new Newcastle United shirt with the name and number of Obafemi Martins.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
7 Comments

7 Comments

1. Jimbo

July 15, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Not sure who the hell Charles Hurley is but I took that picture, that is my bed the shirt is layed on, I took that shot to post on toontastic.net.

2. Paul

May 26, 2007 at 6:40 am

I saw it at Spurs v Man City, even close up I found it tricky to read, and that was the dark blue on white.

I guess it’ll look clearer on TV, which is pretty much all the League care about, though if you’re at the game, chances are you’re more likely to recognise the players anyway.

3. Anonymous

May 25, 2007 at 3:50 am

For me too, i needed that font also?! Do u have also UEFA font adidas? u know name and number on the Uefa jersey of Cherlsea? my mail is tulga.chelsea@yahoo.com

4. Jonathan

May 16, 2007 at 6:47 pm

I need some info regarding the new EPL lettering. Does anybody know the name of the font or who designed it?
    Thanks in advance guys.

5. Charlie

May 5, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Newcastle United wore their new kits with the new EPL lettering today in their loss to Blackburn. I thought it was harder to read on TV than the soon-to-be-old style was.

My view on the new lettering hasn’t changed — I prefer the old lettering but I suppose I’ll get used to the new style

6. b. cheng

May 5, 2007 at 7:28 am

I like it, but it seems a bit small. If they’re doing it to make it easier to read, it seems like this would make it harder than the previous font…

7. Llewellyn

May 5, 2007 at 6:08 am

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully its the finished product. But definitely not bad at all.