Blackburn 0-3 Portsmouth
Brad Friedel started in net for Rovers and got beat three times, twice by second half substitute Kanu as the new look Pompey squad torched Blackburn. Friedel did however deny Kanu’s hat trick bid on a diving pk save late in the match. Jemel Johnson was sold by Rovers earlier in the week to Wolverhampton and he scored Wolves only goal in a 1-0 win, something that the US youth international coaches should take note of.
Reading 3-2 Middlesborough
A great debut in the EPL for Marcus Hannehman and Bobby Convey as both started and helped lead Reading from 0-2 down to a historic 3-2 win over Boro.
Everton 2-1 Watford
Tim Howard conceded a stoppage time goal, but the Toffees held on for a 2-1 win over Jay DeMerit’s Watford FC club. Everton was awarded a controversial penalty when Watford was called for a phantom hand ball in the box. DeMerit came on as a second half sub in his EPL debut.
Watford 1-1 West Ham United
Jay DeMerit played all 90 minutes as Watford earned their first point of the season today.
Fulham 1-5 Manchester United
Brian McBride came on late in the 2nd half and Carlos Bocanegra did not play as Fulham were run off the pitch early in the match by Man Yoo.
Manchester City 0-3 Chelsea
Claudio Reyna played well for Citeh against the defending champs, Chelsea but his side did not have enough firepower, and had to play most of the 2nd half a man down.
Bolton 2-0 Tottenham
In one of the big surprises of the weekend, Bolton got out to a quick two goal lead versus Spurs and never looked back at Reebok Stadium. American Youth International Johann Smith suited up for Bolton as part of the match squad but did not get on the pitch.
West Ham 3-1 Charlton
In a historic match where the Hammers’ Teddy Sheringham became the oldest player to ever participate in an EPL match, Jonathan Spector remained out injured. Cory Gibbs is of course not availible for Charlton until november at the earliest as he recovers from the injury that kept him out of Germany 2006.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- French minister apologises for Champions League chaos
- Where to find Corinthians vs. Boca Juniors on US TV
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- LAFC confirms 12-month Bale deal with options through 2024
- Barcelona unveils 2022/23 away kit to honor Olympics anniversary
- Favre new Nice coach as Galtier in PSG talks
- Gabriel Jesus signing helps Mikel Arteta’s aims at Arsenal
- Turkish Süper Lig rights renewed by beIN SPORTS
- Spain without injured Hermoso for Euro 2022
- Cech joins list of Chelsea departures