This past weekend, Turner Sports had a short segment on their NBA show to promote the network’s coverage of the UEFA Champions League, which begins next summer.
In short, the attempt by Turner Sports was awkward, underwhelming and didn’t help fill the viewer with any confidence that the network knows soccer.
The duties of promoting the Champions League coverage fell to their basketball analysts with former player Charles Barkley stating on air, “Any sport that the United States sucks in, we (Turner Sports) should not be involved in.”
Did you know we're in the soccer business?@ChampionsLeague is coming to Turner! ⚽️ pic.twitter.com/uCbyhHCIH9
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) November 3, 2017
Is this what we can expect from Turner Sports’ coverage of the UEFA Champions League next season? Let’s hope not.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season