LA Galaxy footballer Robbie Rogers was interviewed today on The Dan Patrick Show.
During the candid 10-minute interview, Rogers discussed a variety of topics including why other athletes don’t come out as well as the differences between soccer fans in England compared to the United States.
“There’s a reason athletes don’t come out. Sports are a bit homophobic. If it wasn’t, everybody would do it …. It’s not something that athletes just make up in their minds. It’s something that needs to change. It is changing.”
Rogers also discussed how he has struggled with religion and wondered what God wanted from him. But now he believes God put him in this role to help people.
It’s an honest and heartfelt interview with an intelligent and well-spoken soccer star, and definitely worth a listen.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season