We’re just over a month from the start of the Premiership season, and right now all 20 EPL teams have unveiled their home shirts for the 2006/2007 season.
Chelsea unveiled theirs today ($64), while Arsenal (pictured right; $73) and Manchester United unveiled theirs last week ($64).
What’s interesting is that many of the clubs this year have reverted to retro designs. which — in my opinion — are better with a cleaner look-and-feel that’ll make the teams appear more professional. Is this an attempt to return to the innocence of “the good old years” or is it just a trend in fashion?
Football jerseys are, of course, big business. For example, Adidas estimated that the 2006 World Cup should help provide more than $1.5 billion (yes billion) in revenue from soccer-related products including shoes and replica jerseys.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season