In the United States, what channel the World Cup airs on differs each game. That being said, there are select channels that you can rely on to carry games.
Plus, audiences in the United States have the opportunity to watch games in either English or Spanish. In both scenarios, there are just two channels that broadcast all 64 of the games at the 2022 World Cup.
You can also access these channels via streaming services. However, in those instances, you do need to pay some kind of subscription service. Peacock Premium, which many fans have for coverage of the Premier League, has streaming access for all games in Spanish-language coverage. That is $4.99 per month.
What channel is the World Cup on?
In terms of TV, English-language coverage of all games is either on FOX or FS1. FOX is an over-the-air channel, meaning all you need is an antenna attached to your TV to watch the games. On the other hand, FS1 does require some form of subscription. That could be to a cable or satellite provider. Or, streaming platforms like Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV and YouTube TV all carry the channel.
The same applies to the Spanish-language coverage. Telemundo has the vast majority of games available for Spanish audiences in the United States. However, while Telemundo, like FOX, is an OTA channel, not all games are available there. In cases where kickoff times overlap, particularly on matchday three in the group stage, Telemundo pushes some games over to Universo.
Keep in mind: the channels for specific games can change as the World Cup approaches. Both FOX and Telemundo want to put the high-quality games on the OTA channels. That way, they pull in bigger audiences. For example, the United States game against England on Black Friday is on FOX, not FS1. However, the Qatar vs Senegal game earlier in the day is just on FS1.
Watch World Cup 2022
Includes: FIFA World Cup, Gold Cup + 84 Sports Channels
|7-Day Free Trial|
For a full list of what specific channels certain games are on, check the World Cup TV schedule. That provides the channel for the World Cup games, as well as providing specific links for how to watch in the United States.
PHOTO: IMAGO / agefotostock
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup