For the first time this season, the Premier League plays a consistent schedule of midweek fixtures. This Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, there are ten games lined up in England’s top flight. Additionally, there are significant games in terms of the race for European qualification.
Getting things started on Tuesday, a bottom-of-the-table clash as Newcastle hosts Norwich sets the table for the week. The two clubs sit six and three points, respectively, from safety.
Then, on Wednesday, the bulk of the games take place. There are six games starting at either 2:30 p.m. or 3:15 p.m. ET. Among them, West Ham United looks to stop its two-game skid against Brighton. Also, a rejuvenated and revitalized Aston Villa under Steven Gerrard looks for its biggest result yet at home against Manchester City.
Manchester City made up some ground this past weekend on league leaders Chelsea, but the Sky Blues do trail the London side by just one point.
Also on Wednesday, this season’s first Merseyside Derby occurs between Liverpool and Everton. Liverpool is another team firmly in the title hunt, trailing Chelsea by two points. Everton, who earlier in the season looked to be making a top-four push, is now winless in its last-seven games. In that span, Everton has just two points. It looks to stop that streak against the club’s biggest rival.
Wrapping up action on Thursday, another rivalry sees its first rendition of the season. Manchester United, coming off a draw on the road against Chelsea, hosts an Arsenal team on a hot run of form. After a dismal start to the season, the Gunners sit in fourth. Contrarily, Manchester United’s blazing start to the season now sees them sit eighth in the league.
Despite the midweek fixtures, each team continues action this upcoming weekend.
EPL Commentator Schedule
Tuesday, Nov. 30
2:30 p.m. — Newcastle United vs. Norwich City. Peacock Premium. — Conor McNamara and Rob Green.
Wednesday, Dec. 1
2:30 p.m. — Southampton vs. Leicester City. Peacock Premium. — Jim Proudfoot and Efan Ekoku.
2:30 p.m. — Watford vs. Chelsea. Peacock Premium. — Nigel Adderley and Karen Carney.
2:30 p.m. — West Ham United vs. Brighton and Hove Albion. Peacock Premium. — Chris Wise and Chris Sutton.
2:30 p.m. — Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Burnley. Peacock Premium. — Pien Meulensteen and David Prutton.
3:15 p.m. — Aston Villa vs. Manchester City. Peacock Premium. — Seb Hutchinson and Stephen Warnock.
Thursday, Dec. 2
2:30 p.m. — Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brentford. Peacock Premium. — Mark Scott and Danny Gabbidon.
3:15 p.m. — Manchester United vs. Arsenal. Peacock Premium. — Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family