A single match in the Premier League can often be about 100 different stories, with drama unfolding in every substitution, every hard tackle and every cross and counter. You can see the fates of managers and players depending upon how everything falls into place and what is the eventual result.
The pinnacle football tournament of the UK involves 380 matches and, in a way, 380 opportunities for changing almost everything in the league. We saw how the last campaign remained a riveting affair till the last moment. In the end, Manchester City edged out Liverpool by one single point, and Spurs managed to qualify for the Champions League with a slim margin over Arsenal.
The EPL 2019-20 season promises to be even more exciting! Going by the soccer odds, Manchester City are expected to make it a treble this time despite facing the same kind of stiff competition from Liverpool. They are going at odds of 1 / 2 to win the Premier League title, as against 9 / 4 of Liverpool and 16 / 1 of Tottenham.
Considering the kind of form their squads are in, it’s not unreasonable to think that Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola would be engaged in a stiff battle for supremacy once again. Let’s remind everyone that Liverpool didn’t lose a single match except one (to Man City only) the entire last season and still fell short of winning the league.
There isn’t a big margin between Klopp’s speed-metal approach and Pep’s maddening collection of intricate players, which now includes young Rodri too. Every encounter between the two sides, as we saw in the Community Shield final recently, becomes a must-win affair for both sides. They will be up against each other on November 9 at Anfield.
The other big clubs of the league will also make their fair share of contributions to the excitement. Everyone would be looking forward to Spurs and Harry Kane to somehow crack Manchester City’s stronghold on the title. Unai Emery on the other hand, with 3 dynamic players on the front now, including Nicolas Pepe and London, would be hoping for a top 4 finish. At Chelsea curiosity levels are high to see what it would be like without Eden Hazard. How will Manchester United fare under the wildly-erratic watch of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is another mystery that will be unfolded.
Then the middle section of the table is excitingly poised to be far more interesting than all the previous years. The forgotten sides which normally compete for the seventh spot, would be going all out to make a place for themselves in the top 6. Both Wolves as well as Leicester City have a fair chance to upstage Manchester United.
There is no debating now if the present-day Premier League is the most exciting league in the football world or not. The fact that both Europa League and Champions League finals last season featured English clubs can put an end to any doubts regarding that.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family