The first el Clásico of 2018 featuring Barcelona and Real Madrid averaged 1.4 million viewers across beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español on US television this past Sunday.
The exciting 2-2 draw was watched by 1,057,992 viewers on beIN SPORTS en Español combined with 342,372 viewers who tuned in to watch the game on the English-language beIN SPORTS channel. The combined total viewers was 1,400,364.
With commentaries from Phil Schoen/Ray Hudson (English-language) and Jose Hernandez/Pablo Marino (Spanish-language), the viewing number was far greater than the 845,000 viewers who watched the game in December 2017.
In addition to the commentaries by the beIN SPORTS team, beIN SPORTS had Kevin Egan as a correspondent in Barcelona for the match.
The 1,057,992 viewers on beIN SPORTS en Español ranked number two among all sports networks during its time slot among all viewers on Sunday, May 6.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family