Rome (AFP) – Italy international forward Stephan El Shaarawy has made his loan move from AC Milan to Roma permanent, the capital club said on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old was loaned from the seven-time European champions in January with an option to make the deal permanent for 13 million euros ($14.6 million) at the end of the season.
Roma said in a statement that El Shaarawy, who is currently with the Italy squad at Euro 2016 in France, signed a four-year contract.
Last season, El Shaarawy, who has an Egyptian father, was sent on loan to Monaco in France but he failed to hold down a regular first team place and moved instead to Roma in January, going on to score eight times in 18 appearances.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ