The US Senate held a panel hearing today in Washington DC to discuss corruption in international soccer.
The Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance and Data Security held the hearing on FIFA, soccer’s international governing authority, which has faced recent criticism for human-rights abuses ahead of the 2022 men’s World Cup and is under federal investigation for racketeering conspiracy and corruption.
Veteran freelance journalist Andrew Jennings and Dan Flynn, the CEO and secretary general of the U.S. Soccer Federation, are among the witnesses who testified.
While the hearing ran for two hours, it’s thoroughly recommended viewing particularly given the reactions from Jennings and Flynn, who had differing views. Also, pay close attention to Flynn’s obvious discomfort and squirming in his seat when asked the tough questions by the US politicians.
SEE MORE —
Watch the video here:
Mobile app users, watch the video here.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more