Leicester have sacked manager Nigel Pearson with the club at the foot of the Barclays Premier League, according to reports.
Pearson led the Foxes to the Championship title last season, but his team have picked up just 17 points from their opening 24 matches of the current campaign.
Sky Sports News HQ reported he has been dismissed.
Leicester made no immediate comment.
READ MORE — Watch the incident that was the final straw when Pearson put a Crystal Palace player in a chokehold.
The 51-year-old former Southampton and Hull boss was involved in a bizarre incident in Saturday's 1-0 home defeat by Crystal Palace.
He was knocked over on the touchline by Palace midfielder James McArthur after a tackle by Marc Albrighton, resulting in what was initially a friendly exchange between the Foxes boss and Scottish player.
Pearson even playfully grabbed McArthur around the throat before helping him to his feet, only to then prevent him from returning to the pitch by grabbing hold of his shirt.
Former Leicester striker Gary Lineker, now host of BBC show Match of the Day, wrote on Twitter: "Not overly surprised that Nigel Pearson has been fired by Leicester, given they're bottom, but he's been a very good manager of the club.
"Not sure if yesterday's bizarre touchline behaviour had anything to do with Pearson's exit, but certainly shows how the job gets to 'em all."
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters
- Where to find Mexico vs. Peru on US TV