Despite playing some good football over the course of two matches, Bosnia-Herzegovina will not advance to knockout stages of this World Cup. The European nation playing in its first World Cup after independence from Yugoslavia in the 1990s were denied a clear Edin Dzeko goal by an incorrect offside call in the first half.
Following the disallowed goal, Nigeria’s Peter Odemwingie recorded the African nation’s first goal of this World Cup. But in the buildup play to the goal, it appeared Bosnian Captain Emir Spahic had been fouled. Still the goal stood and provided the winning margin in the match.
Nigeria’s win put them in the drivers seat for a spot in the knockout stages. Iran could still technically catch the African nation, but following a late heart-breaker against Argentina earlier today, must now take all three points against Bosnia in the final group game and hope for a multiple goal Argentina victory over Nigeria.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ