The ‘2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil’ video game launches on April 15, exclusively for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Fans get a two-month head start to try and lift the trophy themselves before the official tournament kicks off on June 12 in São Paulo.
EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup includes the deepest set of modes seen in a tournament title. Replicate some of the most memorable qualifying matches or captain your Country to glory. The path to victory is yours to choose. Here are six ways to win.
1. Road to the FIFA World Cup
Lead any one of the 203 World Cup nations through the qualifying rounds and onto FIFA World Cup glory. Up to 32 players can play locally allowing for a truly customized and unique experience. As you make your way through the 2014 FIFA World Cup, EA SPORTS Talk Radio will provide country-specific tournament updates, including over 50 hours of recorded dialogue that adapts to your team’s performance. Fans will celebrate in the streets at more than 15 different real world locations such as London’s Trafalgar Square, Moscow’s St. Basil Cathedral and even the National Mall in Washington DC.
2. Road to Rio de Janeiro (online)
Starting at the Arena da Amazônia in the city of Manaus, Road to Rio de Janeiro allows gamers to take their nation through all 12 of the 2014 FIFA World Cup venues. Like the popular Online Seasons mode found in FIFA 14, online matches will get more and more challenging as you inch closer to the Estádio do Maracanã in Rio and a chance to play for the FIFA World Cup Trophy. Win matches to move forward, remain in a city (division), or be relegated.
3. Captain your Country
This popular FIFA mode makes its triumphant return. Take an established player and have them work their way up after returning from injury or create your own future Captain and prove your worth on the team. Impress your manager and win over the fans in order to earn that important role of leader. A new auto-positioning system makes Captain your Country more accessible to new players so you won’t have to worry about being caught out of position in key moments.
4. Story of Finals (online)
Imagine: England and Italy have just wrapped up a five-goal thriller with the English side winning in dramatic fashion. Everyone in the world is talking about that match. Re-create that stunning fifth goal finish to give Italy the win in Story of Finals mode. An hour after the final whistle of every match, a series of challenges based on the day’s result will be available to play. Replicate a specific score-line, change the course of a match or win a match without conceding a goal. There will be a number of different scenarios available to challenge. Complete challenges to earn XP earned that can be used in FIFA 14.
5. 2014 FIFA World Cup
Compete online or locally and play the authentic 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament. From the Group stage up until the World Cup finals, win your way through the competition and lift that FIFA World Cup trophy.
6. Story of Qualifying
For two and a half years, over 200 nations vied for a chance to take part in this summer’s FIFA World Cup. Along the way, football fans were treated to some fantastic matches. We saw comebacks, blowouts, and even a few upsets along the way. In Story of Qualifying, over 60 of the most memorable matches can be replayed. Replicate Colombia’s three goal comeback against Chile; score two goals for 10-man France in 11 minutes against Spain to earn automatic qualification are just a few of the scenarios you’ll get to tackle.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Three talking points from the Premier League’s opening weekend
- Former Man Utd star Giggs goes on trial for assault
- Marseille win Ligue 1 season opener, Ramsey scores on Nice debut
- Lewandowski scores first Barcelona goal in Pumas rout
- Sundowns start season as they ended the last by topping table
- Haaland warns Premier League much more to come after dream debut
- RB Leipzig held at Stuttgart, Cologne defeat 10-man Schalke
- Haaland double gives Man City dream start, Man Utd beaten by Brighton
- Haaland’s debut double gives Man City’s title defence lift off
- Dortmund sign Cologne striker Modeste as Haller replacement