Connect with us

Leagues: Champions League

UEFA Champions League, Gameweek 3: Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund, Schalke vs Chelsea, AC Milan vs Barcelona: Open Thread

Gameweek 3 of the UEFA Champions League kicks off today with several matches of note including Arsenal against Borussia Dortmund, Schalke vs Chelsea and AC Milan against Barcelona.

For viewers in the United States, here are some of the matches being shown live:

AC Milan vs Barcelona, 2:45pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go
Schalke vs Chelsea, 2:45pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2Go
Arsenal vs Dortmund, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

If your TV provider carries FOX Soccer Plus, they’re offering a free preview this week, so even if you don’t subscribe to the channel, you’ll be able to watch it for free.

Before, during or after today’s match, join the conversation with fellow soccer fans in the comments section below.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
  • Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more

20 Comments

20 Comments

1. R.O

October 22, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, since Fox got rid of Fox Soccer, CL coverage is crap on TV. I’ve got Comcast, they only carry FS1 and the only game being shown is Milan-Barcelona. If I wanted to watch Arsenal-Dortmund I would have to subscribe to the Latino package to watch the game (Fox Deportes).

My opinion, the Fox To Go option is a joke. Why should I have to pay extra only only get to watch it on a computer screen (ipad, iphone, laptop, etc).

FS1 needs to show at least 50% of the games on TV (delay, late night ok). They bid for it and now Fox limits coverage.

I know Christopher will disagree with me but with the loss of Fox Soccer for EPL and CL, we in the USA have gone backwards. NBCsp is a joke, limited games, no full replays, FS1 practically no CL coverage, no highlight show.

FOX Soccer had it’s issues (Studio hosts, etc) but for game coverage and game announcers (outside of the use of Gus Johnson – thumbs down), Coverage of games with FS for EPL and CL was far superior.

First I lose Bundesliga with every carrier dropping Goltv, then CL coverage is junk and NBCsp more interested in showing hunting shows then full replay of games. AND, it seems everyone is happy to watch online games on a tiny screens. Crazy.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get this off my chest.

cheers.

• Christopher Harris

October 22, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Comcast also airs FOX Sports 2, which televised the Schalke-Chelsea game today. Plus your local FOX Sports Net affiliate often shows one of the other UEFA Champions League games live.

FOX also has a FOX Sports GO app, which is free, which streams live content from FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2.

• R.O

October 22, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Christopher, “Comcast also airs FOX Sports 2” maybe in your area but now in the area/city I get comcast – no Fox Sport 2. I’ve checked Fox Sports Net affiliate in my coverage are – no CL games.

As to your comment: “FOX Sports GO app, which is free, which streams live content”, did you read my post?

I wrote: “My opinion, the Fox To Go option is a joke.” but not only applies to Fox but any app or online streaming. I pay cable and sports package to view it on TV on an electronic device such as a smart phone, ipad, computer, etc.

That’s why people get BIG TV’s. We are not in the 1960, 70’s anymore.

Television – TV Big Screen, not tiny screen.

Anyway – my feelings and opinion remains that with the loss of Fox Soccer 100% soccer channel, we in the USA have gone backwards in Soccer coverage on TV.

Even when ESPN had CL, they used their other channels to show games that all providers carried plus the major plus was ESPN had a great 1 hour CL highlight show.

FS does not. It’s going to be a looooong agony till CL and EPL are up for bid again. Maybe beinsports will get CL.

• R.O

October 22, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Some typo errors – my fingers wandered.

“maybe in your area but now in the area/city” should have read” “but not in my area/city”

and

” I pay cable and sports package to view it on TV on an electronic device such as a…”
          should have read: “it on TV, NOT on an….”

• Christopher Harris

October 23, 2013 at 6:59 am

R.O., I read your comment, which is why I suggested the FOX Sports GO app since you said “Why should I have to pay extra only only get to watch it on a computer screen.”

It’s free. You don’t have to pay extra for it. FOX Soccer 2Go is the one you would have to pay for.

What zip code do you live in so I can check your availability for FOX Sports 2?

2. Christopher Harris

October 22, 2013 at 4:52 pm

There’s no truth to the rumor that FOX Sports are planning on changing the name of the UEFA Champions League pre-match, half-time and post-match coverage with Wynalda/Barton/McBride/Stone to “Inside Joke” or “Guffaw Fest.”

3. Rob

October 22, 2013 at 4:01 pm

If anyone from Fox reads these boards, please get rid of that crap at the bottom of our screens! I just don’t care which NBA, NFL or MLB player has been arrested lately!

• Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm

At least we all know what time The Crowd Goes Wild comes on today.

4. Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 3:58 pm

2-0 Celtic. Shot was deflected off an Ajax defender.

5. Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Forrest scores, 1-0.

Long delay before he took it too. Two yellow cards handed out. But Forrest buried it.

6. Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Penalty in the Celtic match. Celtic to shoot.

7. Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Watching a match from Celtic Park never gets old. Good lord, the f**kin noise is amazing. Ajax supporters adding to it as well.

Thunder!

8. Christopher Harris

October 22, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Defensive error by Aaron Ramsey, holding on to the ball far too long on the edge of the area, leads to a Dortmund goal. One nil to BVB right now.

• Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I’m watching online. My feed was cut seconds after the ball went in the net.

9. Christopher Harris

October 22, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Awful defending by Javier Mascherano to give AC Milan a 1-0 lead against Barcelona. Robinho, a former Real Madrid player, must have loved scoring that goal.

10. rej4sl

October 22, 2013 at 2:44 pm

We have the Barca game on only because it is in HD – not putting FS2 on to watch a game in SD even if I could find the channel 🙂

11. San Fransiscan

October 22, 2013 at 2:32 pm

What’s wrong with Fox with the “REVENGE” theme?

Every single time two teams plays against each other again they call it “it’s revenge”

12. Borussia DortMan

October 22, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Putting Dortmund v. Arsenal on FS+ is a disgrace to football fans. However, the saving grace is that this channel is on a free preview on Directv. But only in standard definition.

13. San Fransiscan

October 22, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I’m starting to hate the Champions League, only because those idiots are on screen, I really feel sad for Mcbride, he shouldn’t be with those idiots.

• Peter Quinn

October 22, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I was watching a little of Setanta’s coverage and saw Bobby McMahon. I forgot how good he is.