This is something you don’t see everyday.
In the Capital One Cup game between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur tonight, Aston Villa striker Nicklas Helenius was running towards goal but Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen tripped and accidentally pulled down the shorts of the Danish striker.
Fair play to Helenius, he managed to continue his run and pulled off a shot that unfortunately went wide of the goal.
Should it have been a foul in the box and a penalty awarded to Villa? What do you think?
Unfortunately for Helenius, Aston Villa lost the match 4-0 to Tottenham, so his embarrassment of having his shorts pulled down was compounded by the heavy defeat to the fellow Premier League club.
Photo credit: Twitter.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season