Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

Watch the Luis Suarez Interview; Why He Wants to Leave Liverpool [VIDEO]

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has explained, in his own words, why he wants to leave England. While he admits that he’s received no offers yet and that he’s still under contract at Liverpool, his agent appears to be trying to line up a deal in Spain either with Real Madrid or another top club.

Watch the video below, and read the transcript to better understand Suarez’s predicament.

“My reason for leaving is not for the money. If it was the money I would have left already. My main reason is my family and my image — that is my priority now. It is a difficult moment for me.

“My coach and my colleagues know that they didn’t treat me well here. I don’t feel comfortable here anymore — they know it, so I think it is understandable that I leave.

“Firstly being persecuted by the paparazzi all the time. I couldn’t go to my garden or the supermarket, I couldn’t do anything. I know it’s normal being followed by the press but it was too much. All silly things that they said about me — all the pictures, all the taunts. They happened every day and nobody supported me.

“They talk about me being named as the best player in England but I knew it wasn’t going to happen. I knew because of the way they treated me. The straw that broke the camel’s back was my mistake, I accept it, my fault, but they went too far.”

“I don’t have any offer yet. I don’t know when I will leave or even if I will finally leave, or if I will stay. The club knows what I think and what I want. I don’t know what will happen but I’ve got a contract.

“If I stay I will do my best here but I don’t know if that will happen because of all the bullying of the press against me and the team is very aware of everything.”

While no deal has been reached and Liverpool insist that Suarez is not for sale, it’s obvious that Suarez wants to leave England if the right offer comes along. Real Madrid are in pole position, but there would be dozens of clubs across Europe who would love to land his signature.

Personally, I believe Suarez has created his own fate. He’s playing the victim. Yet he’s the one that’s had a long history of suspensions and mistakes while at Liverpool. He’s obviously a gifted striker who is one of the best in England, but it sounds like his heart is not in the Premier League or Liverpool anymore.

What’s your reaction to the Suarez interview? Post your opinions below.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
23 Comments

23 Comments

1. eunsung

June 15, 2013 at 7:40 am

i think team support the suarez as far…
    but it isn’t right….
    he commit some big flaws but it was always his attraction.

2. Frill Artist

May 31, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Liverpool tw@t.

3. jtm371

May 31, 2013 at 9:13 pm

don’t let the door hit you in your sorry A$$.what a POS.no class uneducated fool.

4. Pete Q

May 31, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Liverpool need to sever the ties with Suarez. He’s an amazing player and the club does everything they can to cover for him while he’s in England. But the second he goes back to Uruguay, he starts sounding off and showing that he’s not only reckless (at times) on the pitch, but he reckless with his comments to the media.

Losing Suarez (on the field) will hurt Liverpool… big time. There’s no doubt that he’s one of the Top 3-4 players in the Premier League. But they can’t keep making excuses and covering up for Suarez.

They need to sell him and bring in one or two players who will perform and represent the club.

Let Suarez go to the circus in Madrid. He’ll fit right in with the rest of that dysfunctional family.

• Mufc77

May 31, 2013 at 4:29 pm

It’s funny I thought the same thing. He’s always running his mouth when he’s away in international duty.

5. M Owen

May 31, 2013 at 2:01 pm

maybe he means he want to quit the Uruguayan national team not LFC 🙂

Anyway if the rumored release clause is true then we should get 40mil+ 15mil for AC should go a long way for finding atleast 2-3 players( if invested wisely) who can move the team forward without the aggravation.

Atleast i am thankful he let his intentions know with 3months in advance rather than waiting last minute of the transfer window(my only grip with Torres).

Thanks for the service Luis and all the best.

• Mufc77

May 31, 2013 at 2:47 pm

15m for AC?

• M Owen

May 31, 2013 at 4:20 pm

aye we found suckers in west ham…now we just need to push AC over 😉

• Mufc77

May 31, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Oh you mean THAT AC. For the life if me I couldn’t think who you where referring to.

6. Taylor

May 31, 2013 at 1:10 pm

he created his own fate. Liverpool fans might argue regarding his case with Evra, but they have nothing to argue when he bit Ivanovic.

7. Ivan

May 31, 2013 at 12:47 pm

At the end of the day this is Liverpool FC. If he does nto want to play for the team then go….Blaming on the media for your mistakes is stupid. That is why the media is there. It is simple as Don’t do stupid stuff and the media is not going to talk about you. He is a public figure and he plays for one of the best teams in the World.

Y.N.W.A

• evz

June 1, 2013 at 4:04 am

Lol you serious? Liverpool haven’t been one of the best teams in the world for a good 20+ years

8. Bruce Gottesman

May 31, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Now Liverpool say he’s not for sale. This won’t end well…

• M Owen

May 31, 2013 at 2:03 pm

if LFC say he is for sale then they would have to give him a golden handshake now with this kind of interview he has kissed it goodbye.

LFC are doing the right thing until the rumored release clause is met they have power to dictate.

9. Mufc77

May 31, 2013 at 11:45 am

For me its not all the things he has done its the fact that he constantly blames other people for his actions.

Everyone makes mistakes but 9/10 if you own up and accept responsibility most people are pretty forgiving.

10. Dust

May 31, 2013 at 11:32 am

Blaming the media is just sad, why isn’t Aguero leaving England? Or Giroud, Démbèle, Oscar, Matta, Fellani to name a couple of the 70% of foreign players?

Oh yeah because they’re not biting, racist, punching, cheating, diving, agreesive, screw loose players.

If he thinks the Spanish press will be ok with it then he also Stupid…

Barca press will have a field day, they’ll say he’s a perfect Madrid player after the Mourinho eye poke…

His image….lmao. What a muppet, good ridence.

• Antisgamo

May 31, 2013 at 11:40 am

Says a Chelsea fan 😉

• Danny

May 31, 2013 at 11:51 am

Well in Spain racism isn’t really a taboo and Barcelona shows diving is totally acceptable there too.

11. Danny

May 31, 2013 at 11:16 am

Suarez will not go to any other EPL team because he doesn’t want to live in England anymore. Higuain is leaving for Juventus this summer so Real Madrid needs a new striker especially since Benzema never shows up in big games.

12. Ken

May 31, 2013 at 11:14 am

The ‘blame everyone but yourself’ LFC syndrome has really taken hold.

13. Mufc77

May 31, 2013 at 11:10 am

It’s never Your fault
    It’s never your fault
    Luis Suarez its never your fault.

What a embarrassment to the good name of LFC he has become.

• Marc L

May 31, 2013 at 11:19 am

No doubt. Shame to see one of the two guys I pretty much always want to watch play (Bale is the other) act like such a whiny tosspot bitch.

14. Bishopville Red

May 31, 2013 at 11:04 am

It’s a little late to start worrying about your image! This is why the term “Bell End” exists.

SB