Arsenal are in talks with Fiorentina over £25 million-rated striker Stevan Jovetic, according to a newspaper report.
There’s been rumors for a few weeks about Jovetic, the skillful Montenegro striker, being linked with Arsenal, but his £25 million price tag may be too much for Arsenal even if Arsene Wenger is being handed a larger-than-usual transfer kitty reportedly of £70 million this summer.
Newspaper reports are that Arsenal are offering under £20 million.
What do you think? Could you see Stevan Jovetic fitting in with this Arsenal squad? And do you think Wenger would fork out the cash necessary to sign the 23-year-old? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsenal are in talks with Fiorentina over Montenegro striker Stevan Jovetic — The Sun
- Hillsborough disaster police officers to refuse to give evidence to inquest — The Guardian
- Liverpool will leave Suarez to decide whether or not to appeal against his 10-match ban — BBC Sport
- Rafael Benítez: penalty injustice spurred Chelsea to victory over Basel — The Guardian
- New Hillsborough inquests to take place early next year after coroner’s announcement — Telegraph
- Brendan Rodgers tries everything in his bid to win sympathy for Luis Suarez — The Independent
- Tony Pulis insists he has no plans to leave the Britannia Stadium — Sky Sports
- Tottenham send scout to watch Mohamed Salah play for Basle against Chelsea — The Mail
- Luis Suarez: Brendan Rodgers’ defence overplayed and misplaced — BBC Sport
- EPL’s new chairman could be the Football Foundation’s head Gary Hoffman — The Telegraph
- Brendan Rodgers says Luiz Suárez has been victimised by the FA after ban — The Guardian
- Decision on Kei Kamara’s loan looms as May 6 deadline approaches — Sporting KC
- André Villas-Boas ‘focused’ on Spurs future despite Real Madrid rumors — The Guardian
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signs for BT Sport — The Mail
- Manchester City plan tribute to Marc-Vivien Foe in game against West Ham — The Mail
- Victor Moses would ‘love’ to see Frank Lampard stay at Chelsea — Sky Sports
- Pardew says the FA should clarify how length of bans are determined after Suarez bite — The Mail
- Brendan Rodgers denies Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard requires surgery — The Independent
- Amazon suggest FIFA 14 launch on Sept 24th — FIFA Soccer Blog
- Moyes desperate to keep Marouane Fellaini at Everton beyond this season — The Independent
- Dictators said to help fix World Cup titles for Italy and Argentina — Washington Post
- Marouane Fellaini to dye hair silver if charity donation reached — Everton FC
- Chris Brunt could be out after failing to recover from a knee injury — Sky Sports
- Luis Suárez case exposes need for FA to overhaul disciplinary system — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season