If you had to pick one of the four matches to watch today in the Premier League, it has to be Aston Villa against Newcastle United. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that this would be a relegation six-pointer? Hopefully the match won’t be one of those tense relegation battles but will be an open-ended affair instead. It promises to be a car crash where you won’t be able to take your eyes off it.
Speaking of car crashes, Queens Park Rangers are back in action again. This time, they’re at home against Manchester City. You would expect City to walk over QPR, but matches between these two sides are often much closer than you would imagine (cue memories of QPR almost shocking City on the final day of last season).
Wigan against Stoke could be either a high scoring match or a low-scoring snoozer. It’s hard to predict, while Swansea travels to the Stadium of Light for a chance to do the double over opponents in the North East this season.
Join in the conversation in the comments section below with football supporters from around the world.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season