The Madejski Stadium hosts the only Premier League match today as Reading FC plays Tottenham Hotspur (live on FOX Soccer at 11am ET).
This should be a quite open game since both teams have something to prove. Tottenham Hotspur has yet to pick up a win. Reading, too, needs a win — although they have played one less game than Tottenham due to the postponement of its match against Sunderland. Out of the two clubs, the pressure is more on Tottenham to win, which will serve Reading pretty well as underdogs.
Don’t underestimate Brian McDermott’s Reading side. They’re well organized, and Pavel Pogrebnyak is certainly a threat up front for The Royals.
Meanwhile, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas puts his faith in Brad Friedel as his starting goalkeeper. Whether Clint Dempsey will see any playing time or not today, we’ll have to wait and see. But Villas-Boas certainly has an abundance of riches to choose from.
Before, during and after today’s match, post your rants, raves, questions and observations in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters