The rise in popularity of English soccer on US television continues to grow by leaps and bounds. This evening, we learned that the 2012 FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Liverpool was the most-watched FA Cup match ever on FOX Soccer with a viewing audience of 396,000 people.
The 2-1 win for Chelsea was shown live on FOX Soccer on May 5, 2012 on a day when no other Premier League matches were played at the same time. The 2012 FA Cup Final kicked off at 12:15pm ET. The only Premier League match that day was Arsenal-Norwich, played earlier in the day.
The record breaking FA Cup Final viewing audience number comes hot on the heels of ESPN’s record of more than 1 million people who watched the April 30, 2012 Manchester derby.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family