The Serie A is really heating up, and this weekend is providing us with plenty of big matches between the top sides. Lazio are currently top of the table with AC Milan two points away from the leaders. Then comes Inter Milan which is two points away from AC Milan, but the nerazzurri have Chievo right behind them in fourth place, just two points away. So here’s a preview of the upcoming action which will probably switch around teams’s positions in the table.
It all starts on Friday Oct. 29th when Inter Milan travel to Genoa. This is a huge match, and since both sides haven’t been doing very well recently, they’ll be looking to get a win in this game to start a winning streak. Genoa spent big over the summer, and Giampiero Gasperini will have to get them Champions League football for next season after all the spending that his president Enrico Preziosi did over the summer.
But Inter’s coach Rafa Benitez has big shoes to fill as well, there have been rumors circulating that if he doesn’t manage to win the scudetto and the Champions League this season, then he’ll be replaced with Pep Guardiola. Guardiola’s contract with Barcelona is running out, and it ends at the end of this season. If Inter manage to bring the Spaniard over to coach them, then who knows, we might even see Lionel Messi come to Moratti’s side.
The other big clash this weekend is AC Milan vs. Juventus. This is a massive match, and while AC Milan have been getting some good results lately, Delneri’s side has been scoring plenty of goals this season. But there’s an important absence which needs to be mentioned, and that’s Juve’s Serbian winger Milos Krasic. After his dive against Bologna which earned the bianconeri a penalty, he was banned for two matches once the match had been reviewed.
So what will Juventus do? It’s probable that they’ll start with Pepe and Martinez on the wings and stick with the rigid 4-4-2 system. The forwards will be Del Piero and Quagliarella, because Amauri isn’t back to full fitness, and Iaquinta has a problem with his right knee. So can Juventus give this super-powered AC Milan side a challenge? We’ll have to wait until Saturday to find out.
Another interesting match which will be taking place is Palermo against Lazio. Palermo have been playing some fantastic football recently, but Lazio have also been flying high with spectacular results. There’s a big midfield clash, we’ll be seeing players like Javier Pastore and Ilicic for Palermo, while Lazio has their captain Mauri who’s been in great form, accompanied by the brilliant Hernanes. This is certainly a match to watch, and I expect a big result with plenty of attacking play.
My predictions for the matches are a 2-1 win for Inter Milan over Genoa, a 1-1 draw between Juventus and AC Milan, and a 3-2 win for Palermo against Lazio. But what are your predictions on this weekend’s action? Please share your thoughts by commenting below!
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family