In one of the most incredible moments in World Cup history, England were robbed a legitimate goal that would have leveled the score v Germany and created an entirely different second half for the surging English.
After going down by 2 well scored goals by Germany, England were able to get themselves back into the game through a Matthew Upson header. The momentum was definitely shifting in favor of England and Frank Lampard was then able to chip the German keeper Manuel Neuer with a stunning shot that hit the cross bar and went in.
Sure to be one of the goals of the tournament, Lampard’s clear goal was not given by the ref or the linesman who seemed to be in a good position to award the goal. A well organized Germany went on to thrash England 4-1 with a few well executed counter attacks while England continued to commit players forward.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season