Friday is a big day for readers of this blog as we prepare to watch two massive World Cup games, both of which are must win matches. USA against Slovenia kicks off at 10am ET. Followed by England versus Algeria at 2:30pm ET. And we have the added bonus of the early kick-off at 7:30am featuring Germany against Serbia in another game of immense proportions.
No matter where you live, I encourage you to get out of your home or office and go see the game in a public setting such as a bar, pub, restaurant or cafe.
If you’ll be in South Florida on Friday, I’d like to invite you and your friends to watch the World Cup games at Wowies Sports Grill in Boca Raton, Florida. Here are seven reasons why you should join us there:
- Enter a free raffle for your chance to win a copy of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa video game for the PS3, courtesy of EA Sports. The drawing will take place at the end of the United States against Slovenia game. The videogame is in stores now and it enables you to take your favorite nation to World Cup glory.
- Bring this flyer with you and redeem it for a free Red Stripe or Sierra Nevada beer. Yes, there is such a thing as free beer.
- Happy hour is 12-7pm everyday. Who can argue with half priced drinks?
- All games are shown live in HD on 31 big screen TVs. It’s one of those venues where it’s impossible not to see a TV no matter where you sit.
- Come support your country with fellow passionate soccer fans who are as serious about the game as you are.
- Be interviewed for a chance to appear on EPL Talk. After the games on Friday, I’ll be taking my digital recorder with me and interviewing opinionated soccer fans at Wowies to get your reaction to the games and how the teams played. This is your chance to get on EPL Talk. For those who can’t make it, I’ll be streaming the World Cup Viewing Party live on the homepage of EPL Talk.
- Wowies girls. Take a look at their website to see the Wowies bartenders and waitresses, and then come in Wowies to be served by them.
Wowies is located at 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433. The sports bar is open at 9:30am ET each day and is showing every World Cup game (except the 7:30am ET kick-offs).
Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to interview two soccer fans who were there at Wowies to hear their opinions about how the US played against England, as well as to ask an England fan about his desire to see either England or his club team, Manchester City, win a trophy in his lifetime.
Thanks to Paul and Christian Sachleben for taking time out of their busy days to be interviewed.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas