Two close losses to Germany in UEFA World Cup qualifying has the Russian national team in a two-legged playoff with Slovenia. Many see this as the most lopsided of the four UEFA qualifying playoffs, though Slovenia – who allowed only four goal in ten qualifiers – should give the Russians significant problems.
To talk about how the Russians can overcome those, Russian Football Now podcast hosts Chris Riordan and Richard Farley talk about the Slovenia squad, Guus Hiddink’s likely selection, and each side’s potential tactics.
In the show’s final segment, the hosts look back on the weekend’s results where second place Spartak Moscow, upset by Krylya Sovetov, fell four points behind league leading Rubin Kazan with two match days remaining.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season