This team would win neither titles nor plaudits. But, they certainly would entertain. They may even possibly scare small children. Without further delay, here is the most follically challenged/enlightened team in the English Premier League.
Manager: Joe Kinnear (Newcastle) Joe Kinnear is old school and tempestuous, his hair coincides. It’s a mullet. It’s a bird’s nest. Combined, it is just a mess.
GK: David James (Portsmouth) This group of goalkeepers has scant follicle creativity, making David James the run-away choice. Whether it’s cornrows, the standard fro or that slick do that lasted one magical day, the Pompey keeper does a job.
D: Gareth Bale (Tottenham) Bale’s hair looks as the rest of his body. It defies styling. . Yet, with all of its characteristic Welsh mysticism, it can’t conjure a win for Spurs when he plays.
D: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle) When Coloccini arrived at Newcastle, he drew comparisons to Kevin Keegan in his prime. Whether you term it to be a perm or a lions’ mane, it’s molto fantastico.
D: John Terry (Chelsea) Terry does not necessarily belong in this team, but his general jerk factor should leave him open to even the most far-fetching ridicule. He deploys the devious tactic of using height and product to mask an ever-worsening coverage issue.
D: Bakary Sagna (Arsenal) Normally, the blonde tarantula look would be absurd. But, Bak rocks it as an everyday look rather than a fanciful fit, which bizarrely has made it seem normal.
M: Stephen Ireland (Manchester City) Ireland should be excluded, given his shorn status. But, the premature balding followed by the mysterious solution he found last season leaves a lingering effect.
M: Steven Pienaar (Everton) Cornrows can be a nice look, even a sensible one for the footballer wanting neither muss nor fuss. However, Pineaar’s , which is not his natural hairline, jars the visage.
M: Marouane Fellaini (Everton) Fellaini already has ten yellow cards in 17 Premier League appearances. Don’t tell me it’s his height or prodigious skill that attracts the referees. It’s all the hair.
M: Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool) Kuyt’s hair is business in the front and party in the back, He’s a 1980’s Larry Bird sans the moustache.
F: Djibril Cisse (Sunderland) (C) Djibril Cisse no longer shocks with his hair. Any style or color is conceivable. His head’s entirety has merged into a single unit of expression. He’s even married to a hair dresser. This craggy veteran wears the armband.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family