Connect with us

General

Which Club Will Crack The Big Four This Season?

<a href=”http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/810999/” >What club has the best chance of cracking the Big Four this season?</a> <br /> <span style=”font-size:9px;”> (<a href=”http://www.polldaddy.com”> polls</a>)</span>

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Nick

July 27, 2008 at 9:25 am

all of you saying that tottenham do not have a chance because berbatov and keane are leaving are stupid.
    i mean if both of them are sold it would at least fetch spurs 50million pounds and so spurs can buy the best in the world as replacements. already , arshavin’s and david villa’s agent have said the players are interested in a spurs move. spurs have already brought the likes of Modric,dos santos, gomes , Bently(hopefully in the next few days. so even if the lose keane and berbatov ,tottenham are the most likely side to break into the top 4.

2. todd

July 24, 2008 at 6:04 pm

gotta go with none of the above…even if forced to pick i wouldnt since its just that unlikely

3. Lonnie

July 24, 2008 at 3:22 pm

I was torn between Everton and Pompey but I voted for Pompey as they have had the most stable off-season thus far and have added a little quality to their attack by signing Peter Crouch. The only thing I see working against them is the UEFA Cup adventure that they’ll be on. More games, more pressure, etc.

4. Michael

July 24, 2008 at 2:36 pm

SamSpur, if you truly believe the statement you just made, you’re insane. Gomes is average, King is never healthy, Woodgate is rarely healthy, and Hutton goes forward too often and gets caught out. Out of the five players you mentioned, Bale is the only one I’d take on my team.

5. SamSpur

July 24, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Spurs back 5 of

Gomes
    Hutton, King, Woodgate, Bale

is as good as any in the top 4. Problem is the health of King and Bale. We need to buy one good experienced backup defender and a DMid.

6. Chad

July 24, 2008 at 2:16 pm

Most people picked Tottenham. My first instinct agreed. However, every year Tottenham look like they’re ready to break through. The reason they haven’t is their defense sucks. They’ve done nothing to show me that they’ve changed that. They always score buckets of goals, but can they defend? Top 4 finishers always have very good defenses.

I picked Portsmouth, because they are solid enough in defense, midfield, and strikers. However, I think if they sell Muntari to Inter then that will be a severe blow. When you’re a team on the brink, sometimes you have to resist the urge to sell.

Keep in mind that while my belief is that Portsmouth have the best chance to crack the top 4, that chance is still small.

7. Chris

July 24, 2008 at 2:02 pm

The title of the poll and the title of the article have two different meanings. Going by the title of the article I would say Portsmouth, going by the title of the poll I would say None of the Above.

8. AtlantaPompey

July 24, 2008 at 1:08 pm

If Spuds lose both Berbatov and Keane, they have no chance of finishing in the top 4. Those two combined for 40+ goals last season. Who replaces those goals?

Everton is the logical choice, but they haven’t made much noise in the transfer window. Pompey, with some more depth, will be positioned to challenge for the top 4 as well. I don’t see any of the other teams making legitimate top 4 runs this season.

Of course, I’m a little biased…

9. Johnathan Starling

July 24, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Where is the choice for ‘no one’ because I don’t see it happening this year.

10. Raatzie

July 24, 2008 at 12:09 pm

When all is said and done, Manchester United will just barely hang on to fourth.

/wakes up.

11. http://soccerfanbase.com

July 24, 2008 at 11:56 am

I am not a spur fan but I think they have a good chance and never underrate pompey and Man city.