Rangers FC have completed the signing of DeMarcus Beasley from PSV Eindhoven. The 25-year-old US international has signed a three-year deal at Ibrox in a move that The Scotsman reports is worth £700,000. This represents a reasonable bargain as Beasley joined PSV back in 2004 for a fee of £1.5m after spending four seasons with the Chicago Fire of MLS.
Rangers are also in talks with Wigan Athletic over the transfer of Scotland international Lee McCulloch. Rangers had a £750,000 offer for the 28-year-old forward rejected by Wigan in January. The move would be a return to the SPL for McCulloch, who joined Wigan from Motherwell in 2001. McCulloch is currently under contract to the Latics until 2009.
Rangers have been busy in the transfer market as they look to close the gap on defending champs Celtic as well as prepare for Champions League qualifying. Last season was largely a write-off for Rangers as they stumbled under manager Paul Le Guen before Scottish legend Walter Smith took the reigns and guided them to second place. So far, Rangers have also signed Kilmarnock goalkeeper Graeme Smith on a free transfer and striker Jean-Claude Darcheville from Bordeaux. The 31-year-old started his career with French side Stade Rennais FC before a one year stay at Nottingham Forest that was largely unsuccessful. A move back to Ligue Une in 1999 saw him rebuild his carrer with Lorient and Bordeaux, scoring 80 goals in 226 appearances.
It’s a hectic off-season at Ibrox as Smith looks to strengthen and rebuild the squad he inherited from Le Guen. Other new signings include Alan Gow, a forward from Falkirk, and Kirk Broadfoot, a defender from St Mirren. They are also chasing Bordeaux winger Julien Faubert and Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith. Among those moving on from Rangers are Swedish defender Karl Svensson who was sold to French club Caen for £670,000, midfielder Gavin Rae who signed for Cardiff City on a free and striker Dado Prso who quit the club because of his chronic knee pain. Prso does not intend to retire but will look for another club where the physical demands are not so high.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family