When NBC’s brand-new streaming service named Peacock launches this summer, subscribers in the United States will have another way of accessing non-televised matches from the Premier League.
Beginning August 2020, soccer fans will be able to watch non-televised Premier League games through Peacock Premium for $10 per month (no ads) or $5 per month (with ads).
While Peacock Premium will not replace NBC Sports Gold (that service will still continue as-is), one advantage of Peacock Premium is a slight cost savings from what subscribers were accustomed to paying for NBC Sports Gold (ranging from $39.99 to $64.99 per season depending on the tier of service you wanted).
For the 2020/21 season, Peacock Premium (and NBC Sports Gold) will stream more than 140 non-televised Premier League matches to viewers in the United States.
According to a press release from NBC Sports, “soccer fans will be treated to 2,000 hours of Premier League coverage, including more than 140 matches that aren’t available on television, as well as clips and replays of the most exciting moments from the pitch.”
The free version of Peacock won’t include access to televised nor non-televised Premier League matches, but it will offer more than 7,500 hours of programming. Peacock Free includes next day access to current seasons of TV shows, popular movies, curated daily news and sports programming including the Olympics, Spanish-language content, select episodes of marquee Peacock originals and tent-pole series, as well as curated Peacock streaming genre channels such as SNL Vault, Family Movie Night and Olympic Profiles. Note that Premier League matches will not be available next day via the free version of Peacock.
Interestingly, Comcast and Cox cable subscribers will get free access to Peacock Premium with ads and can pay $5 per month for the ad-free version. By partnering with Comcast and Cox, Peacock will have from the start more than 24 million subscribers.
Facing competition from Disney (who created the ESPN+/Hulu/Disney+ bundle), Peacock could be a force to be reckoned with in the streaming world.
The streaming service Peacock will launch nationally on July 15. Xfinity X1 and Flex customers will have early bird access to Peacock Premium starting April 15.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chelsea tickets on sale for U.S. friendlies
- Man City title miracle all part of Pep’s plan
- Hertha Berlin keep Bundesliga status with play-off win at Hamburg
- Italy face Argentina in UEFA vs CONMEBOL final on FS1
- Spinazzola makes Italy return for ‘Finalissima’ and Nations League
- Ukraine will be ready for World Cup play-off: Scotland boss Clarke
- Avram Glazer defends Man Utd reign after troubled season
- Mbappe says he consulted Macron over PSG deal
- West Ham’s Zouma in court over ‘cat abuse’ video
- Mbappe says he will not overstep role as a player under PSG deal