Today’s World Cup playoff match between Honduras and Australia will be televised live on Spanish-language television in the United States.
The hugely important first leg from the Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula, Honduras will be shown on Telemundo and Universo, as well as streamed live on TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes en Vivo app (available on iOS and Android devices). Coverage begins at 4:30pm ET (1:30pm PT) with the kickoff time scheduled for 5pm ET (2pm PT).
The matchup is part of the 2018 FIFA World Cup inter-confederation playoffs to determine the last qualification spots for Russia 2018.
Andrés Cantor and Manuel Sol will call the crucial match alongside Ana Jurka who will be hosting a 30-minute pre-game show special. Copán Álvarez will be reporting from the field.
“As the Spanish-language home of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, it is an honor to continue following and delivering to our audience the story of the Honduran National team as they confront the next big challenge towards qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™,” said Eli Velazquez, executive vice president of programming, production and content, Telemundo Deportes. “Honduras’ ability to overcome real obstacles to this point has impressed many in the CONCACAF region and it will be interesting to see if they can continue to surprise the world in this next test.”
Following their epic win against Mexico in the final battle of the hexagonal last month, Honduras returns to the field to face the Socceroos in a two-legged playoff showdown for their final chance to make it to Russia next summer. In the first leg, Honduras hosts Australia, hoping to leverage the return of Eddie Hernandez after his injury and gain advantage in the score board prior to traveling to Australia for the second match.
Telemundo Deportes, one of the leading providers of sports content in Spanish in the United States, is home to two of the world’s most popular sporting events: the FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. In addition, Telemundo Deportes broadcasts the FIFA World Cup™ CONCACAF qualifying matches for most of the region, including the Mexico and USA national teams’ away matches, the Premier League, and every game of the Liga MX (the Mexican League) in which Pachuca plays at home. Telemundo Deportes is also home to “Boxeo Telemundo Ford,” the #1 boxing program in Spanish, and “Titulares y Más,” the #1 sports news, entertainment and commentary show in Spanish, among other recognized sports properties.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Qatar affirms COVID-19 tests requirements ahead of World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia