Madrid (AFP) – Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira joined Valencia on a season-long loan as loan deals dominated an otherwise quiet transfer deadline day in Spain on Friday.
As well as Pereira, Valencia secured the services of Portuguese winger Goncalo Guedes on loan from Paris Saint-Germain.
Guedes joined PSG for a fee of 30 million euros ($36 million) from Benfica in January, but has fallen down the pecking order at the Parc des Princes following the arrivals of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
Barcelona failed in their attempts to land Philippe Coutinho and Angel di Maria, but still let Munir El Haddadi join Alaves on a season-long loan.
Las Palmas made the most significant permanent move by signing Chelsea striker Loic Remy on a two-year deal.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Africa Super League: What we know and don’t know
- Youri Tielemans to Arsenal more likely with Lokonga loan
- Frankfurt’s Kostic arrives in Turin for Juventus medical
- Elliott signs new long-term Liverpool deal
- Vela, Ruidiaz lift MLS All-Stars to 2-1 win over Liga MX
- Six new faces to watch in Serie A
- Barcelona sell off assets to make signings in attempt to restore glory days
- Germany 2022 World Cup Kits leaked
- Rivals jostle for Milan’s Serie A crown
- Brazil against replaying abandoned Argentina World Cup qualifier