Madrid (AFP) – The Copa del Rey final between holders Barcelona and Alaves on May 27 will be played at Atletico Madrid’s Vicente Calderon stadium, the Spanish Football Federation said on Monday.
It will be the second year running the final is held at Atletico’s ground, with Barcelona lifting the trophy for a record 28th time last season following a 2-0 extra-time win over Sevilla.
Atletico, who were beaten by Barca 3-2 on aggregate in this year’s semi-finals, will leave the Vicente Calderon at the end of the season and move to a new 67,000 capacity stadium for the 2017/18 campaign.
Atletico are moving to their new home on the northeast side of Madrid after 50 years at the Vicente Calderon. Prior to the Calderon, Atletico played in the Metropolitano stadium between 1923 and 1966.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season