Saturday night’s broadcast of San Jose Earthquakes against LA Galaxy averaged 1 million viewers on Univision, the first time that MLS has hit that number since 2008.
The broadcast of the California Clasico was the first MLS match televised live on Univision since 1999. No regular season or post-season MLS game has ever drawn those viewing numbers on Spanish-language television.
Plus, the San Jose-Galaxy match is the first game to be watched by 1 million people since 2008 (for David Beckham’s Galaxy debut against DC United).
The Spanish-language broadcast included 548,000 viewers between the ages of 18 and 49.
The record viewing audience was helped that it was preceded by the Copa America Centenario third-place final featuring USA vs. Colombia on Univision.
FOX broadcasting network has an opportunity to break the 1 million barrier when it televises Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders on Saturday, July 17 at 3pm ET. Like Univision, that game will be shown on over-the-air television.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more