Frank Lampard sparked injury fears after playing just the first 20 minutes of Manchester City's friendly victory over Hamburg in Abu Dhabi.
The former England midfielder showed no clear signs of injury but was withdrawn at an early stage of the 2-0 win at the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in front of only 5,000 spectators.
City were having a run-out against the German side as part of their five-day warm-weather training camp in the emirate of their owner Sheikh Mansour.
After an uneventful first half, City won with well-taken goals from Stevan Jovetic and Edin Dzeko after the break.
City fielded a mixture of first-team regulars, fringe players and Elite Development Squad members in their side.
One sour point saw 17-year-old forward Thierry Ambrose carried off on a stretcher after a collision early in the second half. Top scorer Sergio Aguero, recently returned from a knee injury, played the final 25 minutes.
City's squad are due to return to Manchester on Friday and face Middlesbrough in the fourth round of the FA Cup the following day.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL
- Book review of ‘How to Win the World Cup’ by Chris Evans
- Manchester United defeat highlights Ten Hag’s need for rotation
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV