NBCSN will debut a weekly TV show from the Men In Blazers every Monday night beginning in late August, according to The Wall Street Journal.
The English duo of Michael Davies and Roger Bennett will be moving from ESPN to NBC after their successful World Cup show won over a large number of mainstream soccer fans.
The weekly TV show, which doesn’t have a name yet, will be focused on the Premier League.
READ MORE — Men In Blazers TV Show Reviewed: Meh or Not?
“All of our focus, all of our commitment, all of our attention is focused solely on our relationship with the Premier League,” said Jon Miller, the president of programming for NBC and NBCSN. The Men in Blazers “are not going to stop talking about Major League Soccer, but the focus of their relationship with us will be the Premier League.”
In May, World Soccer Talk suggested 7 ways that NBC Sports could improve its Premier League coverage for the 2014-15 season. One of the suggestions was a weekly call-in show, which could end up being the form of the Men In Blazers show.
Whether or not this will be a smart move by NBC, we’ll have to wait and see how the show is. But given the popularity of the duo, it’s another win-win for NBCSN and Premier League coverage in the States.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ