Are you getting pumped for the big match tomorrow? Are you devouring every scrap of information available? I can’t say that I’ve read all the articles published but I do enjoy the hype leading up to this match. Unlike our colleagues over at EPL Talk, I don’t think there has been too much hype.
Like the Super Bowl, this is a major showcase event for the sport and it’s only natural that every major news source would want to put their spin on the event. I don’t think the coverage has changed much for this event. During the domestic season, each newspaper runs two to three articles on the big games of the week.
Anyhow, here are some of my favourite links building up to tomorrow’s final:
- BBC Photo Gallery of both teams and their fans arriving in Moscow
- 12 European Cup classics via YouTube, et al
- No video but a countdown of the Top 30 Champions League and European Cup moments according to the Telegraph
- Martin Jol’s analysis of the final
- A piece from uefa.com reflecting on the Luzhniki Stadium tragedy
- Will the pitch be playable? New grass from Slovakia has been laid but will it be in good shape for tomorrow?
- Another good one from Reuters (via 442): Stats, facts and pub ammo
- With statements like this, Drogba’s appearance on Wednesday could be his last in a Chelsea shirt
- Platini clamps down on clubs in debt
- Kevin McCarra wrote a tribute piece on Paul Scholes that I enjoyed
In closing this post, I’m going to let my bias show. I’m an admitted Manchester United fan, have been since ’97 when I first started getting into soccer heavily. I am excited that they are back in the final and am hoping they can win it. I’m not a blind loyalist and I realize that Chelsea are quite capable of winning tomorrow. I don’t think they will but we shall see. Anyhow, in honor of their last finals appearance here are those amazing final moments of the 1999 final against Bayern Munich. It was an unbelievable final and it should have been the first of many CL titles for United.
I’ll be posting a couple of more articles before tomorrow’s final but I have decided against liveblogging the event. I’ll try to explain why in a separate post later today.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family