Saturday night and it’s the final countdown!
Group A saw simultaneous kick offs with everything still to play for.
In the end Greece and Czech Republic were the winners with victories over Russia and Poland respectively securing their safe passage through to the next round.
For the Greek’s the plaudits were taken by captain Giorgos Karagounis who’s single goal was enough to give the Blue and White’s their first win of the group stages. That left Russia in third and Dick Advocat cutting a frustrated figure in the dugout- his side having looked favourite’s to go through prior to kick off.
Elsewhere hosts Poland collected Group A’s wooden spoon as they finished bottom with two points. Their opponents the Czech Republic had Petr Jiracek to thank with his second goal of the tournament.
As surprise packages we discuss whether Greece and the Czech’s actually have a chance of denting this tournament- As always let us know what you see as important in this tournament. Join the chat on Twitter:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.