Sunday normally means a day of rest, but not for the teams in Group C as they kicked off their Euro Championship campaigns.
In the early game Spain and Italy were an equal match for each other meaning they had to share the points. With Di Natale taking just minutes to open his account, will he see a starting selection in the next game perhaps? Meanwhile for the Spanish there was no striker, at least to begin with- and even that didn’t stop them scoring through Cesc Fabregas.
We finished the day with a 3-1 victory for Croatia over Ireland. With Giovanni Trappatoni’s men having been so defensively sound in their warm up games is surprising to see them concede 3 in their first game? Meanwhile Croatia, who looked both potent and quick footed top the group after round one- could Slavan Bilic’s men be staging an unlikely upset by getting out of the group?
As always let us know what you see as important in this tournament. Join the chat on Twitter:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.