Chelsea have reached an agreement with Ashley Cole to convince one of the best left backs in the game to extend his contract at the Stamford Bridge club.
Cole is expected to complete the deal next week. It’s believed to be a one-year extension.
It’s an important step forward for Rafa Benitez and the Chelsea faithful. While it looks unlikely, it’d be wonderful if the Blues could extend the same opportunity to star midfielder Frank Lampard, although that appears doubtful.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Ashley Cole reaches an agreement on a new contract at Chelsea — BBC Sport
- Newcastle are set to confirm the signing of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa early next week — BBC Sport
- Newcastle United fans vent anger after Reading add to Pardew pressure — The Guardian
- Liverpool linked with €6m move for Mexico keeper Guillermo Ochoa — 101GG
- André Villas-Boas improves with age and gives Spurs something to savour — The Guardian
- Police raise fear of trouble ahead of Spurs clash with Man United — Manchester Evening News
- Revealed! Swansea bonus system could see them pay out £8m for finishing sixth — The Mirror
- Rafael Benítez hoping John Terry can lift Chelsea against Arsenal — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.