TUES, 2:45PM ET
WED, 2:45PM ET
BRA
LUFC

Saturday Takeaway

Posted on by Ferd

28923 news Saturday Takeaway

How good was the move by Portsmouth for Defoe? Defoe has a goal per game average with six since the move while Benjani has scored just once since joining City.

Manchester United is a wrecking ball heading for a double.

Right now Christiano Ronaldo is virtually unstoppable and I feel lucky to be watching him in his current form.

Well timed, hard but fair tackles are becoming a lost art. Is tackling even taught any more?

Derby will be seeing a lot more of Fulham next season.

What has happened to Man City and who will score goals for them?

Arsenal had a near death experience and now somehow has a pulse. Barely

What must Beckham be thinking after earning his 100th cap for England then suffering through 90 minutes of humiliation in LA’s 0 -4 season opener to Colorado?

The MLS is still difficult to watch.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Saturday Takeaway

1. dragonki2012 says:

I’m used to reading a little quality articles on here, not rubbish that you post mate.

I’m trying to say I disagree and that was bad.

2. Ferd says:

what do you disagree with mate?

3. tampasoccer says:

What a clinic by United yesterday! How lucky were Chelsea and Arsenal.
    MLS is getting there, slowly but surely. First game of the season, remember?
    How did Barcelona collapse after a 45 minute clinic at Betis: it is beyond me. Probably the game of the week. Will have a hard time v. United in the semis, assuming that both teams eliminate Schalke and Roma.

4. LemmusLemmus says:

Disagree with dragonki. Best piece I’ve read here for quite a while.

5. The Scout says:

I’m eating a nice slice of humble pie right now. I honestly felt that Man City had gotten the better of the Defoe-Benjani deal but at the moment Defoe has hit a hot streak.

As for the tackling, I posed that same question earlier this season (January):

6. Ivan says:

On tackling: did anyone watch MOTD a couple weeks back with Murty who said tackling especially at youth level isn’t taught as much as it should be. Certain technique is lacking when it comes to tackling.

Never really rated Benjani, they got him on a reasonable price i suppose. Felipe Caicedo looks big and strong perhaps give him a go. Man City still lack that out and out right winger that gives the penetration that Petrov does on the other wing. Especially important in a 4-3-3 formation. Don’t get me wrong Ireland has been impressive in parts but they really need someone who can beat a player and deliver balls consistently into the target man.

7. Anonymous says:

Sorry Scout I missed your article but that picture is nasty! It just seems to me when I watch a match I may see one or two really good fair tackles yet see a handful of just plain bad ones. It amazes me how many tackle come from behind and through the player. Even if you get the ball first that is almost always going to draw a whistle.
    On the MLS I guess I should have just singled out the Galaxy for now. The level of play in the league is getting better but the Galaxy was shocking in their opener. I just feel a bit sorry for Beckham. I don’t know why though..