Latest Developments from Setanta Sports, GolTV and Fox Soccer Channel
I just returned last night from SPORTELAmerica, one of the top events for sports TV broadcasters. It’s important to us, the viewers, because this is the type of event where much of the wheeling and dealing is done that ultimately decides what TV rights deals will go to which companies.
Here are just some of the revelations that are covered in the podcast episode:
- The latest news about how many 2007/2008 Premiership matches will be shown on Setanta Broadband starting in August,
- News about the upcoming launch of Setanta Sports Canada,
- The latest news about whether the Dish Network will add Setanta,
- What effect the SPC Worldwide deal will have on GolTV viewers,
- Whether GolTV is contemplating moving their headquarters from Miami, which would question whether commentators (and South Florida residents) Phil Schoen, Ray Hudson and Lindsey Dean would stay with the network,
- The latest news about the likelihood of FoxSoccer.com showing broadband matches from the Premiership starting next season,
- What will happen to the Saturday 2:15pm ET/11:15am PT Premiership match that is shown on tape delay on Fox but will probably be replaced by a Serie A match instead,
- And much much more.
Be sure to listen to this special episode of the EPL Talk Podcast.