THURS, 1PM ET
THURS, 3PM ET
VIL
ZUR
THURS, 3PM ET
MON
APO

Where Will You Be Watching Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid?

marca real madrid Where Will You Be Watching Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid?

In today’s biggest soccer match of the 2012-13 season so far, Manchester United hosts Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League match that Jose Mourinho says the world will be watching.

But where will you be watching it? Post your answer in the comments section.

I’ll be watching it at home. Pretty boring, I know, but I’ll be able to watch it in the quiet and comfort of my living room so I can give it my full attention.

But what about you? Post your answer below.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester United. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Where Will You Be Watching Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid?

1. Simon Burke says:

Why do you care? Questions like this always make me scratch my head. Is this a poll you will publish results on or are you short of content?

• The Gaffer says:

Simon, it’s always interesting to read what readers are doing — whether some are going to pubs, sneaking out of work or going to the match itself.

2. danny says:

will FOX put Gus Johnson on this one?

God, I hope not!!

• The Gaffer says:

Yes, Gus Johnson is confirmed as the commentator today alongside Warren Barton.

• Mufc77 says:

If Gus is commentating then I’m heading out to the bar to watch the game. I usually like being able to here the commentary but ill put up with the background noise in the bar from other fans if it means not having to listen to him.

Gaffer do you know any good football bars in the Miami area for EPL games?

• The Gaffer says:

Fado’s Pub in Brickell is recommended. But I would call ahead to make sure they’re showing the EPL games you want to see while you’re in town.

• Bergkamp_10 says:

Way to ruin the biggest match of the season, eh Gaffer?

3. Dean Stell says:

I’m taking a half-day of vacation and watching at home.

Not looking forward to Gus Johnson. I’m still optimistic that Gus might turn out okay in a few years, but he’s not there right now and it’s sad that we are forced to sit though him as he learns on the job….especially when there are other quality announcers out there. He still does it like he’s calling a game for radio and announces too many statistics and too little flow of the game. I don’t need a commentator who knows less than me.

4. Mike Townsend says:

Def going to watch the game down the pub. Last time I was at the one in Boca Raton and it was absolutely electric. Great place to watch a game. Going to make the drive down in a bit!!!

• The Gaffer says:

Mike, which pub in Boca Raton? The Lion & The Eagle? I’m based in Lake Worth.

Have a blast today!

5. Sammy says:

At home, I’ll be recording the match on TV and watching it the next morning without knowing the score beforehand. Should be fun. Supporting Real Madrid for this one.

6. Wongo1 says:

I will be off to the pub for sure, GGMU!!!!

7. Fog says:

I’ll be watching from home in my oversized La-Z-Boy…with an alternate audio source sync’d to the picture.

8. BA14 says:

No work day for me. Watching the game in my house while it snows outside.

9. Anthony says:

Home with some beer. Would go to the pub again but this game is so big that I would rather not be distracted by pub atmosphere.

10. christian says:

I watched the first leg at the Football Factory in Midtown but I took the day off today to enjoy Ronaldo’s return. I’ll be happy to save some dough and enjoy Gus Johnson’s butchering of the scene.

11. Wongo1 says:

Fox claims this is the biggest game of the year and yet they give us frigging Gus “hatchetman” Johnson.

12. MNUfan1991 says:

BBC live text commentary, from work :(

13. Pete says:

Will be watching on FoxSoccer2Go…even though I will be home and have access to Fox Soccer on the flat screen.

The reason why?…no Gus Johnson on the FoxSoccer2Go feed.

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse.

• Fog says:

Pete,

I have my PC hooked up using my 50″ plasma as a monitor and play the audio through my AVR. That way I get the best of both worlds. Although, I don’t have FoxSoccer2Go for today’s match…I use it for ESPN3 and other shows.

Keep beating that horse until it is dead!!!

• Pete says:

I think it’s great that FoxSoccer2Go gives you an option for the Gus Johnson commentary or an alternate feed.

Someone must be listening at Fox.

14. Fog says:

I wonder if the ad in the lower right hand corner is intended for Ronaldo or Maradona?

15. Conor Doran says:

Folks,
    Who does the commentary for FoxSoccer2Go? I’m a huge Utd. fan and I’m taking a half day off work to watch this but I cannot stand Gus Johnson and his useless commentary

16. Frill Artist says: