SUN, 11AM ET
GAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS
LFC

Tim Howard Is Going Commando for Everton Next Season

everton goalkeeper jersey1 Tim Howard Is Going Commando for Everton Next Season

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard will be going commando next Premier League season.

Le Coq Sportif has unveiled their new Everton goalkeeper shirt for the 2011-12 Premier League season. It’s a camouflage design (see above picture). Whether Everton will plan on knocking down Gwladys Street Stand to plant a forest, so Tim Howard can stand in front of the net and be harder for strikers to pick out is unknown as of press time.

But all joking aside, this is the legitimate goalkeeper shirt for Everton next season.

What do you think? Love it or hate it? Share your opinion in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Tim Howard Is Going Commando for Everton Next Season

1. Maybee says:

I don’t know what to think about this. Part of me kinda likes it, the other part is like WTF?

2. Ted says:

Is this supposed to exaggerate the stereotype of America being the country that always is in a war and its militarism?

3. Jason says:

Boy, will this only add to the “war-mongering American” stereo-type. Nice job Tim Howard. What next? A John Wayne outfit?

4. Sammy says:

Terrible idea by Howard. What was he thinking? Oh, he wasn’t!

5. David says:

I honetly hope Everton scrap this idea. Bad idea. Worn by an American player makes it even worse as if it isn’t bad enough.

6. George says:

I think we need some clarification here before we tear Tim a new one. I don’t believe he designed the jersey, Le Coq Sportif’s did and I’m not sure how much say he has in wearing it or not.

7. Cole says:

It does seem fitting as that he is an American. Nonetheless, it doesn’t help his image at all. One of the promotional images for this new goalkeeper jersey shows 10 guys laughing at Tim with his new jersey on is like “what?”

8. mtm says:

great idea to make something selable out of goalie’s shirt, usualy they are just utter useless in terms of wearing it somewhere. well done

9. Frank says:

Oh so the french designed this. No wonder because they are the ones in all of europe who have the stereotype of America as Militarist monsters.

10. Brian says:

Right on, brother Timmy. Show those Brits what we Americans are really made of. We can go commando anytime we want. Shocking!

11. Guy says:

The elephants look at home.

12. jordan says:

that is so ridiculous.

13. Frenchy says:

Isn’t the elephant the animal that represents the Republican Party? God, this gets worse.

14. Kyle says:

All the promo needs is Sarah Palin with her gun next to Tim Howard.

15. Victor says:

Does this mean that if Republicans support Everton that Democrats support Liverpool? Can’t wait for Pepe Reina to wear a jersey with an ass or two on it :-) .

16. Mad_Andy says:

Abso-fracking-lutely ridiculous. Where do these stupid designers and marketing get their ideas from?

17. Chris says:

Hey now, camouflage can stand for going out hunting. Maybe Howard is a hunting lover.

18. Bob says:

As an Everton fan I am furious at the idea of Howard wearing the camouflage jersey. I associate the camouflage outfit with deer hunters here in the NE. As a hiker I am terrified to see anyone wearing such an outfit on the trails. This sends a bad message.

• reidscott says:

This is weak dude…come on.

• Dave C says:

To be honest, I’m not sure designers of Everton shirts give much thought to what message they might be inadvertantly sending out to the hunting and hiking communities of the US.

• Sam says:

why are you terrified of us hunters? were not trigger happy yahoos like everyone thinks; and its common courtesy not hike during hunting season; you have all year to hike we only have a two months or so.

• notzimmer says:

Deer hunters wear orange, just fyi

19. El Tri 2014 says:

Wow, had no idea how many pansies actually read this blog. I thought football was a manly sport but obviously, that only pertains the UK fans. As an American, I don’t think the jersey is that bad, better than those bland yellow or purple outfits they make the GK’s wear, yikes! It certainly seems that Everton will sell a lot of Tim Howard jerseys this year. By the way, I thought all the political nim-rods read the NYTimes or Time magazine, get off this blog!!!

• Jake Islas says:

Thank you! These comments are ridiculous!

First of all, HE DIDN’T DESIGN IT!

Second, this isn’t some political statement. He just happens to be American on an ENGLISH team. The backup keeper will have to wear it and if Howard weren’t the keeper I’m sure it would still be designed. How ignorant!

Third, I think it looks pretty awesome.

20. Tuttle says:

Meh. I liked St. Pauli’s desert camouflage uniforms from a couple years ago better. A clear anti-war statement as well.

21. Footballfool says:

Do keepers design their own kits?

22. Kyle says:

El Trio 2014, excuse us for bringing some much-needed class to these forums. I expect you would much rather have the ring-wing Fox-loving posts here to make you feel more comfortable with your prejudices. I get it.

• El Tri 2014 says:

Kyle, grow a brain and get back to NPR, MSNBC or whatever socialist website you like. Jeez…this is a sports blog, no one here wants to know that you have a portrait of Mao and Stalin hanging in your living room.

• Dave C says:

El Tri…you were right that all the “political” comments were dumb. But unfortunately you just went ahead and made the dumbest of them all. “Portrait of Mao and Stalin”??? You do realize that the spectrum of political opinions covers more positions than simply “Freedom loving American folk” and “Stalinist MSNBC viewers” right?

• El Tri 2014 says:

So Freedom loving (any national) folk is wrong? I like my football blogs clean of political nastiness, but the idea big government is better than individual freedom sucks.

• Dave C says:

ugh…I can see why you don’t like political discussions. I didn’t say “freedom loving” people are wrong. I said that the entire range of political opinion cannot simply be divided into two camps: good, freedom loving people, Vs Socialist Stalinist MSNBC watching Commies.

• El Tri 2014 says:

Class? All you demonstrate is ignorance. The kit has nothing to do with your over-hyped politcal leanings (or failures for that matter). Stick with socialists at NPR or Msnbc and leave sports to sports fans.

23. liverpudlian86 says:

so where is the pic of this kit then? cant see it?

24. Keith says:

Maybe he should quit thinking so much about insurance and instead spend some time on a better kit.

25. Shawn says:

Can’t wait for Howard to wear that commando uniform and have the opposition shoot bombs past him. He’s going to look really silly.

26. soonerscotty says:

Meh, it’s nowhere nearly as bad as the new England keeper’s kit.

27. brn442 says:

Is he on team “six” ? Back passes will be interesting next season

28. MG says:

COMBAT FOOTBALL!

29. Flacotex says:

Marcus Hanhemann would love this kit! He’s the only goalkeeper in the UK that rocks the camo cargo pants. This is right up his alley. Maybe Everton can sign him as a backup.

30. reidscott says:

I love it! Looks great…

31. Mike says:

F*ckin love it.

So do my mates, and they’re all supporters of other teams.

Maybe us Australians like the Camo look.. what the hell is with the Pom’s aversion to the Military? Perhaps it’s why back in the day, we were sent front line to our slaughter as brave enough to face the enemy whilst you blokes were all sitting back in your bunks drinking tea.

The Camo colour is sensible, it isn’t OUTLANDISH and doesn’t stand out. The Urban Camo is even better. Can’t wait to get ahold of one. Camo isn’t seen over here as a redneck or gun-totting style. Moreso a fashion. Most of us motorbike riders use camo jeans on their bikes from Draggins.

The only thing that would be unsightly in goal (and that’s when you can see them) is if a keeper had a criss cross white onion bag pattern across a green top. That would be real Camo.

32. Footballfool says:

Why do keepers design their own kits?

• Dave C says:

They don’t.

I’ve only ever heard of one keeper who designed his own kits – Mexican keeper Jorge Campos in the early/mid 90s. And if you do a google-image search, you’ll see he set a pretty strong precedent as to why keepers should NOT be allowed to design their own kit!

33. mtm says:

what a stupid comments here. what this has to do with american military you tossers??!! :DDDD wdf?

34. Dave C says:

Does it come with a Rambo-style red bandana?

35. J-Goon says:

Nice headline! Does that mean the same thing in England, that someone is not wearing any underwear?

36. Lowell N. says:

Looks like the EPL is permitting just as many stupid jersey options as MLB. The majority of the EPL market resides in Europe. Therefore, I dont think it’s an “war statement” at all. To be fair, be happy it truly isnt a French designed yellow coward-colored shirt. Ps. take your 7 weeks vacation and get back to work. SLACKERS.

37. Tom says:

I can’t decide whether I love this or hate it. I’ve never been a huge fan of camo anything, but this design for some strange reason kind of makes me want to buy it and wear it around. I don’t know. I just have sort of mixed feelings about it.

Anyway, if anyone’s looking for some cool sports equipment, I’ve got loads on my website. I sell all kinds of equipment for a multitude of sports, so don’t be afraid to check it out and make a purchase at bighitbattingcages.com.

38. soonerscotty says:

I think Dirty Tackle hit it out of the park about this kit…
    “Tim Howard [on the camo kit]:
    Time for the disgraces. … First, camouflage? Camouflage?! They’re making me wear a camouflage kit this season like I’m going bear hunting instead of keeping clean sheets. … What happens when Phil Jagielka turns around and just sees a mound of greenery instead of a goalkeeper? He’ll probably have a panic attack and have to be put on medication that makes him sterile. … This is just ridiculous. … I bet someone who speaks Spanish designed this abomination. … This is, without a shadow of a doubt, an absolute, total, obscuring f***ing disgrace…”

original post here

39. xyz says:

Brilliant! He’ll be invisible!

40. Burt Reynolds says:

Keep your underpants on, Tim Howard.

41. Jim says:

Part of me likes it, part of me hates it. I think it’s pretty unique, will definitely be different compared to what others have worn. However, it is a boneheaded move to go with camo, especially as an American with so many people around the world who disagree with the current war situation.

42. Cord4Gooner says:

Who the heck cares what type of message a stupid football kit is sending off?

Every year teams unveil new kits and make more money for them and their brands.

It is a game of risks and more than likely this flashy new Camo Kit, will catch the eyes of the buyer and sell better than the previous. This is a great marketing ploy and will end up selling a ton more in comparison to those ghastly pink kits.

All this America, the Military, Tim Howard, Camo … blah blah blah leave politics out of the sports … This is a flipping football kit we are talking about. So please STFU!

43. ted says:

i just want to know where you can buy one…